The Senior Platform Engineer position will require heavy hands-on work on one or more public cloud platforms leveraging several PaaS services and marketplace services. This position will play a key role in the configuration, implementation, monitoring and troubleshooting of platform components, which include (but not limited to) networking, VMs, API management services, Application Gateways, Load Balancers, Kubernetes clusters etc.. The Senior Engineer will be expected to write code that bridges the gap between application and infrastructure using tools like Terraform, and test the system so that it runs effectively and smoothly. He / she will develop and run diagnostics tests to verify the correct design of platform, which usually means writing code for diagnostics so that the testing of the platform takes place automatically. The individual is expected to collaborate and operate in parallel with the DevOps Engineers and Application Engineers. Mentoring and training other team members will be an expectation from this role.
The Senior Engineer position is remote eligible with the ability to be 100% remote. The person in this role can sit anywhere in the United States with working hours expected to align with our Global Support Center based in Atlanta, GA (Eastern Standard Time).
- The Senior Platform Engineer utilizes software that manages and monitors networks, systems and applications not only to guarantee performance to cloud software environments but also to better orchestrate and automate provisioning of resources
- Build, manage and integrate software to automate and secure public cloud environments
- Develop solutions that can support large capacity and scale reliably, in a 24/7 environment
- Provide hands-on development / support to implement solutions and troubleshoot platform related incidents and problems
- Collaborate with the Information Security operational teams to support monitoring capabilities
- Utilize deep technical knowledge to drive the delivery of scalable & secure network resources
- Actively participate and contribute in design / architecture related discussions, meetings and workshops and provide feedback to improve our services and quality of the platform
- Work with Architecture, Security, Infrastructure Services, and Application Development teams to choose appropriate technology solutions and facilitates complete integration into the Cloud environments
- Maintain knowledge of Public and Private Cloud related topics, including emerging technologies, Market Place services, industry best practices, and regulatory/compliance related concerns
- Provide training, assistance and guidance to other team members as and when needed
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Four year degree in IT or a related technical field
- Certification - Kubernetes (Preferred)
- Certification - Azure Associate Administrator (Preferred)
- Certification - MCSE: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure (Preferred - Not required)
- Certification - Azure Solutions Architect (Preferred - Not required)
- 6+ years of experience in Enterprise IT Environments with at least 4 years of solid hands-on experience one or more of the following: AWS, Azure, GCP
- Strong Kubernetes knowledge and hands-on working experience
- Strong IAC Code Experience (Terraform or Pulumi)
- Strong Experience in Python or Golang
- Hands-on experience with implementing Cloud marketplace services and technologies
- Knowledge of networking and internet protocols including TCP/IP, DNS, HTTP, and distributed networks.
- Technical Expertise with Microsoft Azure including foundational services such as Virtual Networks, ExpressRoute, Virtual Machines, Storage, Load Balancer, Azure Active Directory, App Service, Azure Database, AKS, etc.
- Deployment and administration of Cloud monitoring services and tools
- Broad experience in developing cloud migration and automation solutions in Azure.
- Experience working with GITLAB or similar tools
- Knowledge and familiarity with adjacent technology areas including Network, Security, Identity & Access Management (IAM) and Monitoring
- Excellent written and verbal skills needed to present within the business and across all mediums
- Passion for contributing to an organization focused on continuously improving consumer experiences
Inspire Brands is a multi-brand restaurant company whose portfolio includes nearly 32,000 Arby's, Baskin-Robbins, Buffalo Wild Wings, Dunkin', Jimmy John's, Rusty Taco and SONIC Drive-In restaurants worldwide.
We're made up of some of the world's most iconic restaurant brands, but we're much more than just a restaurant company. We're a team of hundreds of thousands who individually and collectively are changing the way people eat, drink and gather around the table. We know that food is much more than a staple-it's an experience. At Inspire, that's our purpose: to ignite and nourish flavorful experiences.
This job has expired.