Sr. Project Manager
Job Description Summary
Job Description Summary
Responsible for executing a project or group of projects conceptualized by a preliminary requirement or work order to its successful conclusion; define the goals of these concepts in terms of scope, time, and cost. Manage the design, permitting, and construction of the project through the use of established processes, experience, and expertise and manage/supervise other members of the Project & Development Services team.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Ensuring accountability and ownership for assigned projects by all internal and external team members, regardless of position or role
- Maintain alignment with client Facilities Manager(s) responsible for the buildings located within the assigned geographical zone. Hold regularly occurring meetings to report on project status, risks, relocation impacts, shutdowns, crane picks, delays, etc.
- Communicate with C&W's Space Management team and Integrated Facilities Management team on a regular basis to align and coordinate on client facing communication, strategic coordination, and anything zone related.
- Responsible for managing projects through planning and execution phases of the project lifecycle - this includes monitoring & controlling and closing projects within C&W's SLAs and KPIs.
- Ensure the project plan, scope, work structure, schedule, and budget are maintained by all the involved parties (e.g. consultants, engineers, architects, vendors, etc.)
- Monthly Reporting
- Selects and manages project team and resources including subcontractors, consultants, suppliers and partners through bidding and vendor selection process.
- Regularly monitor the progress of all projects by completing site visits, tracking procurement activities and reviewing GC weekly reports
- Conducts project meetings (including taking and sharing minutes), tracks deliverables assigned in meetings, coordinates project updates/reports and drawing reviews at conceptual, schematic, design development and construction phases of project
- Reviews and approves requisitions, change orders and invoices associated with projects
- Oversees document preparation and completion (e.g. contracts, close-outs, punch lists, etc.)
- Plays a critical leadership, coordination, and communication role with all project stakeholders
- Adheres to client and C&W policies and procedures, obtains necessary approvals, understands local permitting processes and works with local building officials to obtain permits, approvals and final acceptance
- Value engineering based on client BOD, scope of work and solid understanding of industry benchmarking
- Continually seek and capitalize upon opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and deepen client relationships
- Recommends and assists with internal program and process improvements
- Manages programs/projects that have higher visibility to the client
- Create and evaluate project reporting; provide timely and accurate project status reporting to internal and external parties
- Manage day-to-day client interaction and expectations
- Provides input for account reporting and KPI tracking as needed
- Bachelor's Degree in Construction Management, Architecture, Engineering or a related discipline preferred or any similar combination of education and experience
- 7+ years of project or construction management experience
- 5+ years experience with managing technical infrastructure with respect to MEPSF systems
- Certification in PE, AIA, LEED, or CMAA preferred
- PMP certification or ability to pursue
- Solid understanding of the construction industry, terminology, codes, documentation, and design disciplines
- Strong knowledge of Google Suite (preferred)
- Proficiency with project management tools
- Willing/able to travel
- Strong organization with proven leadership and interpersonal skills
- Ability to perform duties under deadline pressure in a fast-paced, high volume environment
- Detail oriented and thorough
- Proven record of providing excellent internal and external customer service
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including presentation skills
- Involves work of a general office nature; typically includes extended periods of sitting and/or operation of a computer for up to 8 hours a day
- Involves climbing roof ladders periodically
- May involve periods of standing, such as operating at a copier/fax/scanner
- Regularly required to talk, hear, and use hands and fingers to write and type
- Ability to speak clearly so others can understand you
- Ability to read and understand information and ideas presented orally and in writing
- Ability to communicate information and ideas in writing and orally so others will understand
- Regularly required to utilize vision abilities, allowing reading of printed material, graphics, and computer displays
This position requires that the employee perform services for a customer at a customer facility. The customer mandates that all service providers entering its facility be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. In light of the customer's requirement, C&W will require each individual to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to commencing employment in this position, except to the extent that applicable law requires a reasonable accommodation for the individual (and to the extent that such accommodation does not impose an undue hardship on C&W).
Cushman & Wakefield provides equal employment opportunity. Discrimination of any type will not be tolerated. Cushman & Wakefield is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position at Cushman & Wakefield, email HRServices@cushwake.com or HRServices@cwservices.com. All inquiries not related to accommodations will go unanswered.
This job has expired.