Do you have a passion for Science? Would you like to apply your expertise to impact a company that follows the science and turns ideas into life changing medicines? Then AstraZeneca might be the one for you!
At AstraZeneca, we put patients first and strive to meet their unmet needs worldwide. Working here means being entrepreneurial, thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality. If you are swift to action, confident to lead, willing to collaborate, and curious about what science can do, then you're our kind of person.
About AstraZeneca in Gaithersburg, MD:
Our Gaithersburg, Maryland facility creates life-changing medicines for people around the world. This campus employs more than 3,500 experts in our field and is only a short drive from Washington, DC. This modern and vibrant scientific campus is the home of R&D and Oncology in the US. Here, we play host to some of the most cutting-edge technology and lab spaces, all designed to inspire collaboration and cross-functional science. We believe employees benefit from being challenged and inspired at work. We are dedicated to creating a culture of inclusion and collaboration.
The Gaithersburg site offers a variety of amenities to help boost productivity and help keep our employees happy and healthy. This includes a fitness center, employee healthcare clinic, electric vehicle charging stations, dry cleaning, full-service cafeteria, and copy center. This is where you'll find newly-designed, activity-based work spaces to suit a variety of working styles while increasing collaboration between teams.
Summary of the group:
In Analytical Sciences in Gaithersburg, MD you'll play a pivotal role in channeling our scientific capabilities to make a positive impact on changing patients' lives. We're constantly pushing the boundaries of science to deliver life-changing medicines to patients, with a passion for discovery and a pipeline to show for it. We're pioneering innovative research and exploring novel pathways across key therapeutic areas including oncology, respiratory, inflammation and autoimmunity, cardiovascular and metabolic disease, and infection and vaccines. And we're industry-leading in immunology, protein engineering and translational science. We offer a unique and strong collaborative network as part of the AstraZeneca family, as together we explore synergies between small and large molecules.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
In this role, the Senior Scientist will develop and implement various mass spectrometry-based methods to characterize complex biological systems especially with regards to protein structure. Responsibilities will include participating and heading up technology development initiatives such as determining protein-protein interactions using structural mass spectrometry. Attention to detail and the overall quality of analytical results and the ability to work in a team-oriented environment are critical to this position.
• Provide high quality data to support the characterization of biopharmaceuticals, such as recombinant proteins, bispecific antibodies, antibody drug conjugates and aid in drafting of CMC documents for regulatory submissions.
• Keep accurate records of all experiments, data, equipment logs and troubleshoot the instruments as necessary
• Make detailed observations, data analyses and result interpretations
• Present and discuss experimental results at group/project team meetings
• Authorize SOPs and other technical documents
• Familiarize with GLP and GMP requirements during biopharmaceutical product development
Education & Experience Requirements:
Education: PhD, MS or BS in analytical chemistry, biophysics, biochemistry, engineering or related fields, with an emphasis on protein mass spectrometry strongly preferred
• Ph.D. with 0-5 years of relevant experience
• Masters and a minimum of 8 years of relevant experience
• BS and at least 10 years of relevant experience
• 5+ years of hands-on experience of utilizing LC-MS/MS techniques for protein characterization
• Extensive experience on operating and maintaining different mass spectrometric instruments
• Experience in utilizing data analysis software such as Xcalibur, MassLynx, BioPharma Finder, Protein Metrics, UNIFY, Proteome Discoverer, and HDExaminer, etc.
• Experience in structural mass spectrometry and/or multi-omics techniques
• A strong track record of success
• Experience with biopharmaceutical development in the biotech or pharmaceutical industry
• In-depth knowledge in mass spectrometry and separation science
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
• Instinctive team player with excellent people skills
• Experience in biophysical characterization, hydrogen-deuterium exchange (HDX) MS, nanoLC-MS, host cell protein (HCP) analysis by LC-MS, on-line Interfacing SEC-MS, IEC-MS, CE-MS (e.g. ZipChip), ion mobility MS for higher-order structure (HOS) analysis, is a plus
At AstraZeneca when we see an opportunity for change, we seize it and make it happen, because any opportunity no matter how small, can be the start of something big. Delivering life-changing medicines is about being entrepreneurial - finding those moments and recognizing their potential. Join us on our journey of building a new kind of organization to reset expectations of what a bio-pharmaceutical company can be. This means we're opening new ways to work, pioneering cutting edge methods and bringing unexpected teams together. Interested? Come and join our journey.
So, what's next!
Are you ready to bring new ideas and fresh thinking to the table? Brilliant! We have one seat available and we hope it's yours.
Where can I find out more?
Our Social Media, Follow AstraZeneca on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/company/1603/
Follow AstraZeneca on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/astrazenecacareers/
Follow AstraZeneca on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/astrazeneca_careers/?hl=en
Posted about 1 hour ago
Posted about 1 hour ago
Trenton, New Jersey
Posted about 1 hour ago
Subscribe to job alerts and add your resume to our resume database for employers!