Job Location: Hershey, PA
Provide support to the Manufacturing Alliance team by identifying ﬁnancial risks on external suppliers and developing plans for resolution. The Sr. Operations Specialist directly communicates with and supports external service providers at multiple locations having a direct impact on attainment and working capital, DDD's, and minimizing costs by eﬀectively managing inventories and production output. The Sr. Operations Specialist is responsible for developing and tracking continuous improvement plans and facilitating meetings to review progress and brainstorming new ideas.
- Provide daily support to the Manufacturing Alliances team in the areas of SAP scheduling agreements, schedule lines, inventory control, intermediates, ingredients, and materials sourcing.
- Create scheduling agreements. Accurately maintain material master records, BOM's, production reporting and variances in SAP. Work with Finance to validate interplant mix opportunities, provide recommendations, and facilitate SKU relocation.
- Identify, execute, and track continuous improvement opportunities. Lead meetings and facilitate ideation sessions.
- Monitor PLM projects and work with Account Manager, Business Development, Marketing, Planning, OBD, Procurement among others to communicate timing and updates about the project. Elevate critical issues as they relate to upcoming new products.
- Work with co-packing and co-manufacturing facilities to eﬀectively manage limited warehouse space and to identify obsolete, defective, and damaged packaging materials to be returned to suppliers for credit.
Minimum knowledge, skills and abilities required to successfully perform major duties/responsibilities:
- Knowledge of supply chain management principles
- Problem-solving, analytical, and communications skills (verbal/written)
- Flexible and adaptable to changing conditions
- Solid organization / prioritization skills
- Ability to work well in a team environment and facilitate meeting internally and externally
- Strong PC skills including the use of MS Oﬃce products (particularly Excel), as well as proﬁciency in using SAP or and databases
- Leadership and influencing skills
- Sound external customer service background
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in Business emphasizing Logistics, Operations or Supply Chain Management or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 5 years in supply chain area with particular focus on manufacturing, planning, sourcing, and continuous improvement.
The Hershey Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The policy of The Hershey Company is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's race, color, gender, age, national origin, religion, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other categories protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
The Hershey Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veterans