Founded in 1999, Dexcom, Inc. (NASDAQ: DXCM), develops and markets Continuous Glucose Monitoring (CGM) systems for ambulatory use by people with diabetes and by healthcare providers for the treatment of people with diabetes. The company is the leader in transforming diabetes care and management by providing CGM technology to help patients and healthcare professionals better manage diabetes. Since the company's inception, Dexcom has focused on better outcomes for patients, caregivers, and clinicians by delivering solutions that are best in class - while empowering the community to take control of diabetes. Dexcom reported full-year 2021 revenues of $2.48B, a growth of 27% over 2020. Headquartered in San Diego, California, with additional offices in the Americas, Europe, and Asia Pacific, the company employs over 7,000 people worldwide.
Meet the team:
The CGM transmitter is the technical center point of Dexcom's CGM products integrating our sensor technology with advanced algorithms to convert physiological measurements into estimated glucose values and transmitting the EGVs to user display devices including smart phones and Dexcom receivers. Members of the transmitter firmware development team use their expertise to develop firmware that implements algorithms, control Bluetooth Low Energy communications, manage and upload key data storage, and operate microcontroller-based hardware in low power modes that extends battery life to meet our customers' needs. The team works with the latest microcontroller designs available using the latest development tools within an agile development process that encourages teamwork and knowledge sharing.
Where you come in:
What makes you successful:
- You will turn concepts into designs, implementing firmware features for our current and next generation transmitter products including designs used for research applications.
- Your firmware designs will be loaded onto target devices for testing, debugging and, ultimately, release into transmitter products.
- You will lead the development of technical solutions and product improvements and guide the implementation through team collaboration.
- Your strong communication skills will allow you to lead technical presentations to peers, management and cross-functional teams.
- Your ability to deliver tasks on time will help ensure the team meets their project obligations and milestones.
What you'll get:
- Your understanding of analog and digital hardware design enables you to implement low level interface drivers that support the overall hardware design.
- Your experience in technical leadership provides the team with skills in requirements analysis, effort estimation, and firmware architectural design.
- You have a solid understanding of BLE communications and the key standards that govern the interface between BLE servers and clients including connection to smart phones and other consumer products.
- You have prior design experience working with battery-powered, wireless embedded systems that maximize battery life.
- You have experience working cross-functionally enabling the joint development of firmware and hardware and coordinating these activities with other teams including Operations, Quality, Regulatory, etc.
- Your ability to work in a fast-paced team environment with strong time management skills will be key to meeting team milestones and schedules.
- Your experience developing firmware in C, C++ and assembly language and knowledge of BLE communications will allow creative and supportable designs for our transmitter products.
Travel Required:Experience and Education:
- A front row seat to life changing CGM technology. Learn about our brave #dexcomwarriors community.
- A full and comprehensive benefits program.
- Growth opportunities on a global scale.
- Access to career development through in-house learning programs and/or qualified tuition reimbursement.
- An exciting and innovative, industry-leading organization committed to our employees, customers, and the communities we serve.
Exempt Salary Details:
- Typically requires a Bachelors degree in a technical discipline, and a minimum of 13+ years related experience or a Masters degree and 8+ years equivalent industry experience of a PhD and 5+ years of experience.
- The annual base salary range for this role is $135,100 to $225,100. Final compensation package will ultimately depend on factors including relevant experience, skillset, knowledge, business needs and market demand.
The information contained herein is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job, nor are they intended to be an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Management may, at its discretion, assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. The duties and responsibilities in this job description may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. Dexcom's AAP may be viewed upon request by contacting Talent Acquisition at email@example.com.
If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact Dexcom Talent Acquisition at firstname.lastname@example.org.
View the OFCCP's Pay Transparency Non Discrimination Provision at this link.
UnitedHealthcare creates and publishes the Machine-Readable Files on behalf of Dexcom. To link to the Machine-Readable Files, please click on the URL provided: https://transparency-in-coverage.uhc.com/.
To all Staffing and Recruiting Agencies: Our Careers Site is only for individuals seeking a job at Dexcom. Only authorized staffing and recruiting agencies may use this site or to submit profiles, applications or resumes on specific requisitions. Dexcom does not accept unsolicited resumes or applications from agencies. Please do not forward resumes to the Talent Acquisition team, Dexcom employees or any other company location. Dexcom is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes/applications.
This job has expired.