AutoNation is looking for a Workers Compensation Analyst to join our Benefits Team. As a Sr. Analyst, you will develop effective strategies, action plans and execution for all workers’ compensation claims. You will be responsible for providing support in the administration of the program by providing business risk assessments, identifying areas of risk of loss, quantifying the impact, developing policies and providing recommendations for process improvements.
The Sr. Analyst will work onsite at our beautiful Corporate Headquarters in sunny Fort Lauderdale, and will report to the Sr. Manager, Benefits & Workers Compensation. You will partner with all AutoNation Benefits Company personnel and interact closely with AutoNation’s HR team.
- Ensures timely handling of workers’ compensation claims by the Third Party Administrator; evaluates accident reports to determine accuracy and completeness and to ensure an adequate investigation is completed.
- Determines the need to report claims to the Third Party Administrator for handling.
- Provides direction to TPA claims adjusters to facilitate resolving all claims quickly and cost effectively.
- Analyzes moderate to complex data sets for production of statistical and financial reports providing recommendations for process improvements.
- Maintains ongoing and direct communication with store management, regional, and HR leadership regarding claims management, training, and statistical reports.
- Coordinates with the Workers’ Compensation Third Party Administrator to run OSHA reports. Distribute and track compliance with posting of information at each location.
- Assists Sr. Manager with OSHA injury reporting and tracking.
- Creates various reports and format in PowerPoint or Excel using Third Party Administrator databases for Sr. Manager (such as in/out of network usage, lag time, lost work days, etc.)
- Creates in-network Workers’ Compensation clinic/provider listings for each store and distribute to locations to ensure timely posting and compliance with state laws.
- Runs region and store analysis and creates Workers’ Compensation presentations using the prescribed templates for onsite training for the Sr. Manager.
- Manages the production of posters, newsletters, mailings, e-mail distributions and training presentations to the various audiences.
- Supports Benefits Intranet site and Learning & Development portal updates as directed by the Sr. Manager.
- Coordinate and schedule training sessions, webinars, and other assigned tasks as requested by the Sr. Manager.
- Actively participate in monthly litigation calls; providing direction to the WC TPA and ensuring that assigned attorneys are meeting program expectations
- Bachelor’s degree in Risk Management, Finance, Economics, HR, Business Administration or a related field or any equivalent combination of background, skills, and experience.
- Proficient in office technology, including Excel, pivot tables, Power Point, Word and other applications.
- Evidence of successful on-time delivery of data analysis reports.
- Excellent time management skills to manage multiple assignments simultaneously.
- Proficient in proof reading.
- Strong interpersonal communication experience.
- Two to five years of workers’ compensation experience in a carrier/TPA or Risk Management environment highly desired.
- Industry designations such as ARM or CPCU highly desired
- Claims Management background a plus
- Previous Property/Casualty claims adjusting experience a plus
Next Possible Position:
Manager position within the department.
Ability to sit and work at a computer for extended periods of time.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. Incumbents may be requested to perform job related tasks other than those specifically presented.
Workers compensation, health benefits, Excel, vendor management, OSHA, South Florida, Fort Lauderdale
As America’s largest and most recognized automotive retailer, AutoNation is transforming the automotive industry through its bold leadership, innovation, and comprehensive brand extensions. We are committed to hiring driven, diverse Associates and supporting them in growing their career within AutoNation. We offer paid training, competitive pay & benefits and a culture that believes in investing in our Associates’ professional futures. With over 315 locations from coast to coast, AutoNation has an opportunity for you. We’ve sold over 13 million vehicles, the first automotive retailer to reach this milestone. Our success is driven by our commitment to delivering a peerless Customer experience through customer-focused sales and service processes. We believe deeply in giving back, and every car we sell helps to raise cancer research and treatment awareness with a Pink Plate. We have proudly raised over $25 million dollars to drive out cancer, create awareness, and support critical research.
This job has expired.
Join us as we pave the way to moving our company, our communities and our industry forward. Apply today at a location near you or wherever you dream the road will take you.