Under general supervision, coordinates all operational, administrative and secretarial aspects of an office. Requires discretion and judgment to organize priorities and complete tasks on or before established timelines. Provides assistance for positions in Laboratory and Molecular Medicine: Quality and Safety Program Manager, Director of Core Lab and Histocompatibility Labs, and Medical Directors of Core Chemistry and Special Coagulation labs.
- Post Outlook calendar for Jackson 230 Laboratory Medicine conference room
- Book and cancel meetings for department conference rooms according to established policy
- Schedule and confirm meetings and attendees
- Ensure Conference room booking is deleted for canceled meetings
Meetings, Conferences, Lectures, Webinars, Purchasing and General Office support
- Create attendance/sign-in sheets
- Create/Copy handouts, meeting agenda/minutes and fax documents as required
- Perform all logistical coordination requested: handouts, room reservation, webinar set-up and catering
- Post documents on Pathology Sharepoint site, as required
- Travel Arrangements and reimbursements using Egencia, Peoplesoft and eCheck
- Prepare Check requests for reimbursement for travel and expenditures
- Mail duties including, Faxing, FedEx, retrieving T passes, pick-up/deliver from Mail room, WRN 2 & GR 5
- Keep notebooks up to date for Health & Safety as needed. Including but not limited to: meeting agendas, handouts, minutes and attendance sheets
- Purchase office supplies as requested using eBuy, verify receipt and invoices
Patient materials and Professional billing:
- Professional staff billing using Sunquest for Coagulation interpretations until automated billing is implemented
- Input data into Access databases for email distribution lists, creation of attendance sheets, Health and Safety EC surveillance rounds, and to maintain LMM CME credits for weekly conferences.
- Produce Access database reports as requested
- Microsoft Office: WORD, EXCEL, ACCESS, PowerPoint, Outlook and Adobe
- Applications, ie MS Teams, Zoom, Webex
- Scan documents for archival on SFA (shared file areas) and to create PDF files using Adobe
- MediaLab modules for posting Cont. Education for Health & Safety webinars upon request
- Compile data and reports for presentations to department, hospital committees or publications
Other Duties as AssignedQualifications
High School dipoma required
Associate's Degree in Secretarial Science/Business, or a Secretarial Training Certificate Program desirable.
3-5 years of related secretarial experience.required
- Knowledge and ability to perform the following are required:
- Outlook Calendar management, Word processing (Microsoft WORD),
- Data entry and printing: EXCEL spreadsheets and ACCESS forms and reports
- Preparation of Presentations and Flyers/announcements (Microsoft PowerPoint)
- Creating PDF's and converting files using scanner and Adobe
- Typing speed of approximately 55-65 WPM
- Good command of English Language; excellent verbal and written communication
- Excellent planning and organizational skills required in order to meet deadlines
- Ability to be an effective problem-solver, be service oriented and deal with all levels of staff and patients.
- Ability to work independently, set priorities and to take initiative.
- Ability to cross train with other Staff Assistants for vacation coverage
MassachusettsGeneral Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer. By embracing diverseskills, perspectives and ideas, we choose to lead. Applicationsfrom protected veterans and individuals with disabilities are stronglyencouraged.
This job has expired.