- Resolves highly complex technical issues and may conduct advanced research on relevant projects and programs
- Recommends alterations to development and design to improve quality of products and/or procedures
- Performs highly technical engineering work including material selection, structural requirements, tolerances, aesthetics and testing
- Provides oversight and routine direction to less experienced staff
Key Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Prepares, plans and conducts complex engineering work using non-standard and creative techniques and solutions
- T Makes decisions independently on engineering problems and methods and represents the organization in conferences to resolve important questions and to plan and coordinate work
- Leads the investigation and development of new technology or subsystems
- Assesses feasibility and soundness of proposed engineering evaluation tests, products, or equipment when necessary data are insufficient or confirmation by testing is advisable
- Performs as a staff advisor and consultant in a technical specialty
- May review and evaluate outside IP submissions, inventions, or competitive IP developments in area of specialization
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering with at least 7 years' experience in engineering
- Knowledgeable of a broad array of engineering principles, practices and procedures in a field of specialization.
- Considered an expert in one or more engineering specialties.
- Routinely performs the most challenging assignments with significant latitude for unreviewed action.
- Uses advanced techniques, modification and extension of theories, precepts, and practices of the field and related sciences and disciplines
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in the English language.
- Must be able and willing to use required personal protective equipment (PPE), as needed.
- Must be able to lift up to 25 lbs.
* For over 40 years, Kolpak in Parsons, Tennessee has manufactured dependable, energy-efficient walk-in coolers, freezers, and refrigeration units for the foodservice industry under leading brand name Kolpak. The facility in Parsons is a division of Welbilt, Inc.
Welbilt, Inc. provides the world's top chefs, premier chain operators and growing independents with industry-leading equipment and solutions. Our innovative products and solutions are powered by our deep knowledge, operator insights, and culinary expertise. Our portfolio of 12 award-winning product brands includes Cleveland™, Convotherm®, Crem®, Delfield®, Frymaster®, Garland®, Kolpak®, Lincoln™, Manitowoc®, Merco®, Merrychef® and Multiplex®. These product brands are supported by three service brands: KitchenCare®, our aftermarket parts and service brand, FitKitchen®, our fully integrated kitchen systems brand, and KitchenConnect®, our cloud-based digital platform brand. Headquartered in the Tampa Bay region of Florida, supported by over 5,400 employees and operating 21 manufacturing facilities throughout the Americas, Europe and Asia, we sell through a global network of over 5,000 distributors and dealers in over 100 countries. For more information, visit www.welbilt.com .
This job has expired.