The Iowa River Landing Clinic is seeking a 60-100% Staff Nurse in the Internal Medicine clinic. The Staff Nurse is charged with the responsibilities of assessing patients' nursing care needs, evaluating effectiveness of care provided, integrating nursing theory and research into clinical practices, and ensuring patient care standards are met.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities:
- Apply nursing theory to assess, diagnose, treat and evaluate patient responses.
- Develop patient care plan based on observations and assessments and recommend interventions to attain expected outcomes.
- Collaborate and integrate information from patient and family into multidisciplinary patient care plan and evaluate responses.
- Evaluate the quality of nursing care provided by other staff members.
- Responsible and accountable for the provision of care for patients.
- Maintain patient rights and confidentiality and serve as a patient advocate.
University of Iowa Hospitals & Clinics-recognized as one of the best hospitals in the United States-is Iowa's only comprehensive academic medical center and a regional referral center. Each day more than 12,000 employees, students, and volunteers work together to provide safe, quality health care and excellent service for our patients. Simply stated, our mission is: Changing Medicine. Changing Lives.®
University of Iowa Health Care-Iowa River Landing offers the world-class, academic-level medicine you expect from UI Hospitals and Clinics in a convenient medical office building that makes visiting the doctor a pleasant experience. Our pledge at UI Health Care-Iowa River Landing is that our patients will receive the best possible care in a friendly, compassionate, efficient way.Percent of Time:
24-40hours/week will be accomplished between the hours of 8:00am-5:30pm, Monday-Friday. This position will also be part of the Saturday rotation. Saturday hours are 8:00am-Noon. Rotations:
Saturday Rotations Location:
Iowa River Landing Pay Grade:
SEIU Pay Grade 6: https://hr.uiowa.edu/pay/pay-plans/seiu-pay-planBenefits Highlights:
Regular salaried position located in Iowa City, Iowa
Fringe benefit package including paid vacation; sick leave; health, dental, life and disability insurance options; and generous employer contributions into retirement plans. For more information, click here.
For more information about Why Iowa?, click here. Education and Certification Requirements
- An Associate's degree in Nursing, Diploma in Nursing, Baccalaureate degree in Nursing, or Master's degree in Nursing (MNHP or MSN) is required
- Current license to practice nursing in Iowa is required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required
- Experience working in an ambulatory clinic setting
- Experience working with EPIC
- Previous Triage experience
In order to be considered, applicants must upload a resume (under submission relevant materials) that clearly address how they meet the listed required and desired qualifications of this position.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of 14 calendar days. Applications will be accepted until 11:59 PM.
Successful candidates will be required to self-disclose any conviction history and will be subject to a criminal background check. This position is not eligible for University sponsorship for employment authorization. Professional references will be requested at a later step in the recruitment process.
For questions, contact Anne Beyerink at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Classification Title: Staff Nurse
- Appointment Type: SEIU
- Schedule: Full-time
This job has expired.
- Organization: Healthcare
- Contact Name: Anne Beyerink
- Contact Email: email@example.com