A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 57,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
In collaboration with other members of the Pathology team and colleagues in R&D, Operations, and Quality, you will be a key contributor and drive company product innovation. You will provide technical assessments of the clinical and technical literature, offer inputs to business cases, and support the development of histopathology products. You will also be responsible for scoring and interpreting stained tissue slides in support of current and new product development and will contribute to experimental designs to meet required IVD outputs. You will participate in tradeshows and seminars, collaborate with industry key leaders, and provide clinical and technical mentoring to staff with respect to the application of Company products.
This is a full-time permanent opportunity, located at our site in Rocklin, CA.
Who you are:Minimum requirements:
- Provide expertise in the research, development, and production of Histopathology products.
- Analyze and score tissue slides for Research and Development and product Quality assessments.
- Assess tissue blocks for suitability in research, development, QC and commercial sale as assay control slides.
- Contribute to the preparation of business cases for new products offerings.
- Provide support for the launch of new products.
- Interface with pathologists and histology professionals to understand specific needs and develop product and application solutions.
- Serve as a technical consultant in support of the interpretation of stains and product applications.
- Provide technical and clinical expertise in completing risk assessments and provide inputs into the risk management process.
- Provide technical and clinical training for staff, customers, commercial partners, etc.
- Assist in preparation of patent applications.
- Contribute to the preparation of regulatory submissions, as needed, to obtain product licenses, clearances, and/or approvals required for marketing and distributing products.
- A MD or equivalent medical degree with a focus in pathology.
- A minimum 5 years' experience in the conduct and scoring of immunohistochemistry, in situ hybridization (i.e. FISH), and other histopathology stains.
- Ability to work with a microscope or video display images for extended periods of time - up to eight (8) hours per day.
- Excellent laboratory recordkeeping skills.
- Ability to differentiate between slight variations, to accurately observe, describe, and record detailed characteristics, to follow precise instructions without deviation, to measure accurately, and to perform all duties within defined tolerance limits as applicable.
What we offer:
- Advanced presentation skills focused on training and/or teaching various audiences.
With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!Curious?
Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
Job Requisition ID: 212512
Career Level: D - Professional (4-9 years)
Working time model: full-time
This job has expired.