Sterile Processing Technician
The vision: Through Native Self-Determination and Culturally Relevant Health Systems, we strive to be the healthiest people.
At the Yukon-Kuskokwim Health Corporation (YKHC) we administer a comprehensive healthcare system throughout 58 rural communities with a mission of Working Together to Achieve Excellent Health.
YKHC serves 58 federally-recognized Tribes and operates 41 Village Clinics. Our five larger communities are served by five Sub-Regional Clinics. All communities in our service area are served by the 55 bed regional hospital in Bethel.
For more information about our hospital or the region please visit
Yukon-Kuskokwim Health Corporation - We Strive to be the Healthiest People (www.ykhc.org)
Your passion is in what you do, the care you provide, and the dedication with which you serve. It is the same commitment with which our people live their lives, and in turn, share their culture.
With Yukon-Kuskokwim Health Corporation in Bethel, Alaska, you'll serve the over 50 rural communities in the Yukon Delta Region who come to us for care. You'll grow your skills and expertise in a clinically challenging environment, and experience a community environment within a community that will embrace you as one of their own.
Serving the people of Southwestern Alaska, the Yukon-Kuskokwim Hospital is a 50-bed general acute care medical facility. Fully accredited by The Joint Commission, services include adult med/surg, pediatrics, obstetrics, emergency room, as well as outpatient family medicine clinics, pharmacy, lab, and imaging.
Sterile Processing Technician I:
- Under direct/indirect supervision follows approved infection control, quality assurance and departmental policies and procedures.
- Collects, cleans, decontaminates, disinfects, and/or sterilizes surgical instruments, trays and packs, reusable medical devices and patient care equipment for Inpatient Nursing and Clinics.
- Inventories, restocks, and distributes instruments, reusable medical equipment and medical supplies to all service areas.
- Works a majority of time in a Sterile Processing Department cleaning, preparing, assembling, sterilizing, preparing packs, instruments, and trays for all service areas.
- Will process operating room instruments.
- May assist in departmental in-services and training.
- Correctly documents sterilization records and completes departmental dashboard on a monthly basis.
- Performs routine duties according to AMMI standards and established policies and procedures of the Department.
- Within one year of employment must obtain a Sterile Processing Certification (SPD)
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- This is entry level position and the employee will be trained by a certified Sterile Processing Department Technician (SPD)
Specialized Knowledge and Skills:
- Knowledge or willingness to learn sterilization procedures, equipment, instruments, wrapping and repackaging of instruments.
- Knowledge or willingness to learn inventory system and maintain adequate inventory levels of supplies and equipment within the surgical department.
- Responsible to learn and distinguish all sterilization equipment dealt with in Surgery.
- Generous PTO - beginning at 4.5 weeks
- Ten paid holidays
- Comprehensive healthcare coverage
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Retirement plans
- Employee Wellness Center
ID:13742Location:BethelDepartment:Nursing Unit - OREmployment Duration:80 Full timeTemporary Status:Not ApplicableHours per Week:40
Yukon Kuskokwim Health Corporation is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status and any other basis protected by law. Individuals with disabilities needing assistance in the recruitment process are encouraged to contact Human Resources directly.
Under P.L. 93-638, preference is given to Alaska Native/American Indian applicants.
For more information, please contact the YKHC Recruitment Department at YKHCRecruitment@YKHC.org or phone (907) 545-6060 and ask to speak with a recruiter.
To view more positions available please visit YKHC Career Center (https://chu.tbe.taleo.net/chu01/ats/careers/v2/jobSearch?org=YKHC&cws=41)
This job has expired.