This position is responsible for business development and management of health care provider relationships for profitable, revenue growth of LexisNexis (LN). This position manages and works to establish relationships with large health systems, provider groups and their subsidiaries. This position is responsible for the development of new LN customers as well as new business at existing LN customers. He/she is responsible for territory and account level growth strategy. He/she will identify and drive sales opportunities for LN products and services through the coordination of cross functional LN resources to educate decision makers and influencers and grow revenue for LN.
- Meet or exceed Revenue and New Business objectives.
- Demonstrate excellent sales skills with a "hunter mentality".
- New Business Development: Understand the strategic market direction and needs of health system clients, and penetrate new customers by selling at the manager to senior officer level within large, complex, and often sophisticated health systems. Own the strategy development and opportunity execution, and in doing so, interact cross-functionally within LN to identify and develop all potential revenue opportunities within the account.
- Deal Negotiation: Oversee the collection of customer requirements, development of a business case and revenue model by working with functional teams within LN. Lead negotiations with the prospective customer through the sales cycle to deal closure.
- Once the sales opportunity is successfully closed, successfully transition responsibilities to the Account Management and Implementation teams to ensure a smooth transition to the applicable business unit(s). Work with the Account Manager to maintain the relationship and help drive adoption and utilization of LN services, as well as to understand emerging needs and additional sales opportunities within the account.
- Assisting on Key Business Unit Initiatives: Assist with related health care sales efforts as needed. Work closely with sales support team to establish specific action plans to penetrate customer opportunities that have stalled and/or require greater interaction at a more senior level within the account in order to move the opportunity forward.
- New Market Opportunity Development: Based on relationships with the health care stakeholders and market knowledge, identify new ways in which business opportunities can be developed using LN products and services. Utilize developed networks to provide forums for information exchange in order to uncover new business opportunities.
- Bachelors Degree
- 9 or more years of outside sales experience
- Previous experience working with healthcare provider organizations and extensive health care domain knowledge in Healthcare IT and challenges facing providers is a plus.
- Knowledge of next gen offerings including Big Data, Cloud Computing, Identity Fraud as well as Healthcare standards (Meaningful Use, HIPAA, MACRA, etc.) beneficial and a strong plus.
- A proven and sustained track record of accomplishments in strategic selling directly to large, complex health care providers; energetic, well rounded sales executive to drive the business forward.
- Excellent verbal, written communication, and presentation skills.
- Must demonstrate strong persuasion skills and ability to successfully manage relationships at both operational and executive levels.
- Business acumen and strategic thinking required to develop effective sales strategies.
- Strong organizational and forecasting skills.
- Ability to quickly develop an in depth understanding of LN products and services and how they apply to the health care provider needs.
- Demonstrate outstanding networking capabilities and exhibit a professional demeanor, business maturity, general health care provider industry knowledge, and technical (PC and applications) knowledge.
- Manage multiple concurrent activities, all with fluctuating deadlines and with dependencies of work by other departments, both internal and external.
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of management and across multiple departments (technology, marketing, sales, etc).
- Travel required up to 50%.
We are an equal opportunity employer: qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, protected veteran status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. If a qualified individual with a disability or disabled veteran needs a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, that individual should please contact email@example.com or if you are based in the US you may also contact us on 1.855.833.5120.
This job has expired.