STUDENT CENTRAL (BL-SCTR-IUBLA)
Student Central is a centralized unit to provide comprehensive customer service to prospective and current students in regards to their financial aid, scholarship, class registrations, and other general questions. Services are offered in person, by telephone, by email, or online.
Departmet Specific Responsbilities
- Provides front line counseling, superior customer service and support, and holistic problem resolution in the areas of financial aid, student accounts, and student records.
- Provides information and service relative to policies, processes and procedures to prospective, current, and former students, parents, and third parties and perform other duties as assigned.
- Expected to troubleshoot students issues and resolve complex issues that may cross over several departments.
- Interprets and explains a wide range of university and governmental policies and procedures involving official records and/or student loans to students, faculty, parents, and the general public.
- Processes and maintains official records; answers specific questions regarding records; ensures that records are accurate and complete; and investigates and resolves any questions or discrepancies.
- May process, approve, and issue short term loans and/or official documents including transcripts, student loan deferments, and insurance forms after determining student eligibility.
- Responds to requests for information; determines appropriateness of release of information under well established university and federal policies; transmits information, if appropriate.
- Distributes and collects forms from walk-in clients; sets up staff appointments, if needed.
- Monitors any changes to student files; updates as new information is received. Develops and maintains files and databases.
- Responds to student inquiries regarding status of account. Provides technical direction to part-time student staff.
- May certify completion of degree requirements.
- High school diploma or GED
- 2 years in customer service, higher education, or related field
Working Conditions / Demands
- Proficient communication skills
- Maintains a high degree of professionalism
- Demonstrates time management and priority setting skills
- Demonstrates a high commitment to quality
- Possesses flexibility to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment
- Highly thorough and dependable
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidential information
- Friendly and service-oriented
This role requires the ability to effectively communicate and to operate a computer and other standard office productivity equipment. The position involves sedentary work as well as periods of time moving around an office environment and the campus. The person in this role must be able to perform the essential functions with or without an accommodation.Work Location
This position is eligible for remote work or to work a hybrid schedule (mix between remote and in-person work), subject to change in the future based on university policy and business needs. Job Classification
Career Level: Intermediate
Job Function: Student Services
Job Family: Student Services Generalist
Click here to learn more about Indiana University's Job Framework.Posting Disclaimer
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, there may be differences in the working conditions as advertised in our standard job postings (e.g., the ability to travel from one campus to another, etc.). If you are invited for an interview, please discuss your questions or concerns regarding the working conditions at that time.
This posting is scheduled to close at 11:59 pm EST on the advertised Close Date. This posting may be closed at any time at the discretion of the University, but will remain open for a minimum of 5 business days. To guarantee full consideration, please submit your application within 5 business days of the Posted Date.
If you wish to include a cover letter, you may include it with your resume when uploading attachments.New employees will be provided with information regarding Indiana University's COVID-19 vaccine policy, which includes the opportunity to request an exemption. To learn more, view our COVID-19 vaccine information page.Equal Employment Opportunity
Indiana University is an equal employment and affirmative action employer and a provider of ADA services. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment based on individual qualifications. Indiana University prohibits discrimination based on age, ethnicity, color, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, national origin, disability status or protected veteran status. Indiana University does not discriminate on the basis of sex in its educational programs and activities, including employment and admission, as required by Title IX. Questions or complaints regarding Title IX may be referred to the U.S. Department of Education Office for Civil Rights or the university Title IX Coordinator. See Indiana University's Notice of Non-Discrimination here which includes contact information.Campus Safety and Security
The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report, containing policy statements, crime and fire statistics for all Indiana University campuses, is available online. You may also request a physical copy by emailing IU Public Safety at email@example.com or by visiting IUPD.Contact Us
This job has expired.