As a not-for-profit organization, Partners HealthCare is committed to supporting patient care, research, teaching, and service to the community by leading innovation across our system. Founded by Brigham and Women's Hospital and Massachusetts General Hospital, Partners HealthCare supports a complete continuum of care including community and specialty hospitals, a managed care organization, a physician network, community health centers, home care and other health-related entities. Several of our hospitals are teaching affiliates of Harvard Medical School, and our system is a national leader in biomedical research.
We're focused on a people-first culture for our system's patients and our professional family. That's why we provide our employees with more ways to achieve their potential. Partners HealthCare is committed to aligning our employees' personal aspirations with projects that match their capabilities and creating a culture that empowers our managers to become trusted mentors. We support each member of our team to own their personal development-and we recognize success at every step.
Our employees use the Partners HealthCare values to govern decisions, actions and behaviors. These values guide how we get our work done: Patients, Affordability, Accountability & Service Commitment, Decisiveness, Innovation & Thoughtful Risk; and how we treat each other: Diversity & Inclusion, Integrity & Respect, Learning, Continuous Improvement & Personal Growth, Teamwork & Collaboration.
The Remittance Supervisor assists the Managers in overseeing the functions and responsibilities of the Department. This individual oversees the timely and accurate processing, reconciliation and allocation of all patient and insurance payments received by the Central Business Office. The Remittance Supervisor supports the Department Managers by supervising staff on daily workload, drafting and delivering annual reviews, monitoring vacation/sick time, attendance and verifying payroll. This individual is also responsible for initiating and delivering corrective action for all employees, as well as ensuring employees are accomplishing the goals and objectives of the department.
This position requires a high degree of responsibility, as this individual assists in staff development and training, provides support and leadership to co-workers and promotes teamwork in the group while establishing and maintaining effective employee relations. At all times the Remittance Supervisor should be visible within the department interacting with staff in order to identify system, process or procedural problems within the unit.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervises personnel responsible for cash/remittance processing and daily operations.
- Ensures that all daily work is completed within the department with accuracy and timeliness.
- Monitors, prioritizes and manages work volumes and workflow by utilizing and coordinating department resources to the fullest capacity.
- Assists Managers to evaluate operations to ensure accuracy, timeliness and adherence to the organization's policies and controls, and consistency with business needs.
- Works with Managers and other Supervisors to develop strategic plans to improve efficiency and effectiveness within the department. Researches, designs, and coordinates processes to set up or improve various programs or processes within the department. Recommends and implements approved workflow and departmental procedures.
- Serves as a point of contact for escalated cases from staff and for interdepartmental inquires.
- Assists Managers with hiring, promotions, performance and compensation management, training and development, as well as handling escalated problems with staff and delivering corrective action when necessary.
- Drafts and delivers performance evaluations (within 30-day timeframe) of assigned employees annually.
- Assists the Manager with the recruitment and selection of applicants for vacancies.
- Provides leadership to staff and promotes teamwork in the group and assists in establishing and maintaining effective employee relations.
- Keeps Manager informed of department's activities, needs and problems.
- Coordinates training for department staff and ensures that department employees are thoroughly trained in all phases of their jobs; Identifies training issues.
- Monitors staff to ensure compliance with the department policies and procedures.
- Maintains department procedures. Ensures that changes are communicated and implemented in a timely and effective manner.
- Assists in preparation of management Month End reports.
- Performs regular QA activities to monitor and report staff error rate to identify trends.
- Cross-trains in all Supervisor functions of the department and performs all functions competently.
- Provides optimum customer service to all internal/external customers and assists other representatives with complex work related matters in a courteous and timely manner.
- Troubleshoots and researches patient accounting and other applicable system errors, determines cause and suggests possible resolution.
- Completes weekly payroll and sends to Manager for review.
- Prepares work assignment schedule weekly.
- Provides items for monthly Staff Meeting Agenda and take meeting minutes.
- Maintains a strong working relationship with the Document Imaging Supervisor to ensure positive relations and operations between the Remittance and Document Imaging departments.
- Acts as a backup for the Remittance processing area as needed.
- Participates in special projects, as assigned.
- Works overtime with little to no notice as needed to meet Month End requirements.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Consistent, regular, punctual attendance as scheduled is an essential responsibility of this position.
- Know, understand and follow employment policies, and department and company procedures.
- Displays courteous and professional behaviors and attitudes to all customer groups.
- Treats others with dignity, respect, and compassion. Respects privacy of information and exercises good judgment about the dissemination of confidential information.
- Serves as a role model to fellow employees by supporting the values of Partners Healthcare and encouraging others to do the same.
- High school diploma required.
- 2-4 years of supervisory experience.
- 5 or more years of remittance processing experience strongly preferred.
- Expert knowledge of third party insurance payment documents.
- 4 years of general office experience required.
- Strong interpersonal skills required; Ability to work well with others.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to effectively communicate with Department staff and throughout the PHS network at all levels.
- Must be self-motivated with a high attention to detail and accuracy of work.
- Effective organizational skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritize work effectively is a must.
- Good analytical ability to identify, investigate, analyze and resolve production issues.
- Ability to meet production deadlines and goals in high volume, fast paced environment with critical quality standards is required.
- Excellent keyboard skills are required.
- Proficiency in PC skills, including knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel programs is required; Willingness to learn additional computer skills.
- Familiarity with utilizing Document Imaging software for retrieval of remittance and batch documents.
- Work independently with minimal supervision and within a team environment.
- Knowledge of HIPAA Privacy Policies.
- Ability to perform mathematical computations accurately and knowledge to identify errors in calculations and balances.
- Previous experience with hospital billing systems is required.
- Familiarity with Insurance terminology and language is required.
- Intermediate knowledge of HIPAA 835 transaction set.
- Ability to follow through to achieve goals set by the Manager.
- Adaptability and flexibility in an ever-changing work environment.
Partners HealthCare is an Equal Opportunity Employer & by embracing diverse skills, perspectives and ideas, we choose to lead. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, national origin, sex, age, gender identity, disability, sexual orientation, military service, genetic information, and/or other status protected under law.
This job has expired.