Are you looking for more?
At Mohawk Industries, we're committed to more - more customer solutions, more process improvements, more sustainable manufacturing and more opportunities for our team.
As a Fortune 500, global flooring leader with some of the best-known brands in the industry, Mohawk is a great place to start or develop your career with an emphasis on more of what's important to you. Whether you want to lead more, innovate more, learn more or create more, you can find your more with Mohawk.
What we need:
Mohawk is looking for a Production Supervisor to support our Extrusion operation. This role will be responsible for coordinating resources across multiple shifts to ensure efficiency in manufacturing processes and to meet production goals.
Our Production Supervisors lead by example and promote an engaging team environment where everyone owns safety, quality and continuous improvement.
What you'll do:
What you have:
- Manage the day-to-day operations of a group of employees in the Extrusion Department, including estimating personnel needs, assigning work, conducting training and development, policy compliance, etc.
- Supervise manufacturing functions across one or more shifts, including reviewing production orders and schedules, and adjusting work schedules and assignments to ensure projected delivery dates are met
- Promote safety by leading pre-shift safety meetings, working on safety projects, supporting safety within the department, completing safety surveys, and performing safety training
- Resolve employee relation issues through effective remediation techniques, utilizing human resources and/or manager to assist in solving unresolved work-related problems when needed
- Ensure quality requirements and procedures for the department and plant are understood and met
What you're good at:
- High school diploma or GED
- College degree (preferred)
- 5+ years of experience in a manufacturing role
- 3+ years in a senior or lead role (preferred)
- A willingness to learn on the job and grow your career
- Communicating and negotiating effectively with internal and external partners
- Leading a high-performance team with a positive attitude, professionalism and inclusive mindset
- Working collaboratively as part of a fast-paced team, with strong personal organization, poise and professionalism
- Achieving results through team efforts, challenging established practices and drawing relevant conclusions
- Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems
- This role will supervise up to 50 hourly associates
- This work environment is a high-traffic production floor, which may include hazardous conditions caused by noise, exposure to heat, risk of shock and airborne particles
- May be required to work a flexible schedule to include evening and night shifts, weekends and holidays as well as being on call for maintenance related emergencies
Mohawk Industries is a leading global flooring manufacturer that creates products to enhance residential and commercial spaces around the world. Mohawk's vertically integrated manufacturing and distribution processes provide competitive advantages in the production of carpet, rugs, ceramic tile, laminate, wood, stone and vinyl flooring. Our industry-leading innovation has yielded products and technologies that differentiate our brands in the marketplace and satisfy all remodeling and new construction requirements. Our brands are among the most recognized in the industry and include American Olean, Daltile, Durkan, IVC, Karastan, Marazzi, Mohawk, Mohawk Home, Pergo, and Quick-Step. During the past decade, Mohawk has transformed its business from an American carpet manufacturer into the world's largest flooring company with operations in Australia, Brazil, Canada, Europe, India, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Russia and the United States.
Mohawk Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability/veteran committed to an inclusive workplace and a proud Drugs Don't Work participant.Nearest Major Market:
This job has expired.