JAS is an international, non-asset-based supply chain services and solutions company. Our services include air and ocean freight forwarding, contract logistics, customs brokerage, distribution, inbound logistics, truckload brokerage and other supply chain management services, including consulting, the coordination of purchase orders and customized management services.
The Supply Chain Solutions Architect is part of a team responsible for building solutions based on the JAS global application suite to meet the needs of external and internal customers, with a strong focus on electronic data interchange and data integration.
The Supply Chain Solutions Architect works with other functional areas within the company, such as Operations, Sales and Finance and external parties such, as customers and suppliers to understand the business requirements and provide the best technical solution to meet the needs within time lines and budget as defined by the business requirements.
- Understand the functional and technical capabilities of the JAS global application suite, Cargowise One, to create optimal solutions given the business requirements and applications involved.
- Translate business requirements documentation into a viable technical solution that meets the stated objectives.
- Ability to estimate work effort and timelines for deliverables based on business requirements, priorities and existing workloads
- Maintain current status of activities in the JAS project tracking tool
- Work with cross functional groups within the JAS organization
- Produce technical documentation of all solutions delivered.
- Support and enhancement of implemented solutions via the Change Management process.
- Adhere to all published organization and safety policies and procedures as defined in the JAS Forwarding Employee Handbook.
This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities.QUALIFICATIONS:
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Experience in using data mapping/transformation tools (Altova product suite preferred)
- Knowledge and experience of common application and integration concepts including relational databases, XML, Web Services, Electronic Data Interchange (ANSI X12, EDIFACT etc.)
- Ability to understand, write and run Sequel Queries
- Knowledge and experience of integrating disparate systems via electronic exchange of data using a variety of methodologies
- Experience of modern API technologies. Providing and maintaining transformations and APIs for customers and partners
- Strong IT background with interest in learning new tools and techniques
- Working knowledge of the freight forwarding industry and processes (preferred)
- Detail oriented, able to multitask and meet deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal skills (multi lingual a plus)
- Strong problem-solving skills, self-motivated, able to work in a team and independently
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related focus
1+ years of professional experience in common application and integration concepts, including relational databases, XML, Web Services, Electronic Data Interchange (ANSI X12, EDIFACT etc.)
JAS Forwarding (USA), Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, disability, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, sexual orientation, age, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Where required by state law and/or city ordinance; this employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.NOTICE TO APPLICANTS
JAS USA IS A CUSTOMS BROKER, GOVERNED BY FEDERAL REGULATION. FEDERAL REGULATIONS PROVIDE THAT JAS MAY HAVE IT BROKERAGE LICENSE SUSPENDED OR REVOKED IF IT "KNOWINGLY EMPLOYED, OR CONTINUES TO EMPLOY, ANY PERSON WHO HAS BEEN CONVICTED OF A FELONY, WITHOUT WRITTEN APPROVAL OF THAT EMPLOYMENT FROM THE ASSISTANT COMMISSIONER." JAS WILL PERFORM A BACKGROUND CHECK TO DETERMINE IF YOU HAVE BEEN CONVICTED OF A FELONY AND IF SO, ABSENT SPECIAL CIRCUMSTANCES, YOU WILL NOT BE HIRED OR WILL BE TERMINATED IMMEDIATELY.