Founded in 1999, Dexcom, Inc. (NASDAQ: DXCM), develops and markets Continuous Glucose Monitoring (CGM) systems for ambulatory use by people with diabetes and by healthcare providers for the treatment of people with diabetes. The company is the leader in transforming diabetes care and management by providing CGM technology to help patients and healthcare professionals better manage diabetes. Since the company's inception, Dexcom has focused on better outcomes for patients, caregivers, and clinicians by delivering solutions that are best in class - while empowering the community to take control of diabetes. Dexcom reported expected full-year 2021 revenues of $2.48B, a growth of 27% over 2020. Headquartered in San Diego, California, with additional offices in the Americas, Europe, and Asia Pacific, the company employs over 6,000 people worldwide.
The Software Development Test Engineer 1 is responsible for advancing the test framework, test tools, and test cases. The candidate will develop and extend automated test cases, to verify full coverage of product requirements, and will be responsible for completion of software test activities for projects from the software requirements phase through release of the software. The candidate will also be required to generate and record documentation during the process and provide updates to the team as needed. Skills in object-oriented programming, test, integration, and verification activities and an understanding of the full software development lifecycle are required. The candidate will be working in an FDA regulated environment, and the ideal candidate will have prior experience on a verification team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Experience and Education
- Implement advancements to software test cases and test framework.
- Design, create, execute, and maintain automated test cases in C#.
- Generate test cases using black and white box methods.
- Review product specifications, software requirements, and software design specifications.
- Update test cases as per requirement/design changes.
- Lead projects and/or products and report status to management.
- Record task status and track issues in the bug tracking system and investigate root cause.
- Work in close collaboration with software developers and other test engineers to produce high quality product.
- Create requirements traceability matrices which demonstrate test coverage of all features.
- Write test reports documenting detailed results of validation, and report test progress to management.
- Follow internal software development, cybersecurity, and validation procedures that comply with medical and security regulations.
- Work in regulated environment: Create/update software validation plans, and software risk analyses, for software used in commercial products.
- Validate Dexcom tools and products using automated/manual testing procedures.
- Execute software validation plans and protocols.
- Provide training to team members.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Typically requires a Bachelors degree in a technical discipline, and a minimum of 0-2 years related experience.
Analyzes, designs, develops, programs, debugs, and modifies software systems or applications for software enhancements and new products in local, networked, cloud-based or Internet-related tools. Uses current programming language and technologies, writes code, completes programming, and performs testing and debugging of applications. May interact with users to define system requirements and/or necessary modifications. Develops, modifies, and executes software test plans, automates scripts and programs for testing. Analyzes and writes test standards and procedures. Maintains documentation of test results to assist in debugging and modification of software. Analyzes test results to ensure existing functionality and recommends corrective action. Provides feedback in preparation of technical appraisals of programming languages, systems, and computation software. Ensures quality computer integration into the overall functions of scientific computation, data acquisition, and processing.Functional/Business Knowledge
- Applies basic technical understanding with the knowledge to develop process and design experiments. Possesses theoretical knowledge, but is learning the industry and requirements of applied science. Understands organizational and functional processes and policies.
- Demonstrates potential for technical proficiency. Works on problems of basic scope in which analysis of situation or data requires a review of data factors. Exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action.
- Follows standard practices and procedures in analyzing situations or data from which answers can be readily obtained.
- Normally receives instructions on all work and work output it supervised.
If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact Dexcom Talent Acquisition at email@example.com.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. Dexcom's AAP may be viewed upon request by contacting Talent Acquisition at firstname.lastname@example.org.
View the OFCCP's Pay Transparency Non Discrimination Provision at this link.
This job has expired.