CommonSpirit Health was formed by the alignment of Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI) and Dignity Health. With more than 700 care sites across the U. S. & from clinics and hospitals to home-based care and virtual care services CommonSpirit is accessible to nearly one out of every four U. S. residents. Our world needs compassion like never before. Our communities need caring and our families need protection. With our combined resources CommonSpirit is committed to building healthy communities advocating for those who are poor and vulnerable and innovating how and where healing can happen both inside our hospitals and out in the community.
The Delivery Manager's primary responsibility will guarantee the operational efficiency of claims processing for the CommonSpirit Health's leave of absence department. The Delivery Manager is expected to have a record of continuous improvement of service operations using people, tools and processes and demonstrating ownership and a bias for action to monitor and own the delivery of a leave of absence from the initial claims filing to the return to work date.
- Manages the leave of absence department services and supervise its functioning within the defined standards (service level, quality, time, cost, etc.) and processes.
- Leads and develops work teams; responsible for the overall direction, performance management, coordination and evaluation of the teams. Manages and ensures high service delivery and execution.
- Performs audits of team's work, providing coaching and feedback to support ongoing performance improvement. Assists in developing and approving performance guidelines.
- Conducts audits regarding the case managers handling of disability and leave claims in accordance with operation guidelines, federal and state regulations, and company plan provisions-Communicates, develops and maintains effective relationships and communication with all levels within the leaves of the leave of absence department.
- Identifies impacting issues and implements solutions and process improvements to increase delivery. Participates in cross-functional process improvement initiatives that will influence various procedures across municipalities and states
- Achieves performance goals and objectives in line with company-wide vision and goals.
- Has the ability to manage and coordinate complex processes, possess exceptional communication skills with all levels of employees and management, superior attention to detail, ability to prioritize in a fast-paced environment, strong critical thinking and fact-finding skills, and exceptional service focus.
*This position must sit in Phoenix, AZ or Erlanger, KY.
Benefits include Medical, Dental, Vision, Paid Time Off, Holidays, Retirement Program, Disability Plans, Tuition Reimbursement, Adoption Assistance, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Discount Programs, Life Insurance Plans, Worker Compensation, Dress for Your Day Policy, Voluntary Benefits.
$40.66 to $52.86, hourly rates, annualized.
Position is eligible for incentive pay based on company performance.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in a field such as Business Administration, Human Resources or related
- Four(4) years' experience with disability/leave of absence claims required.
- Ability to manage confidential and sensitive employee information and adhere to strict data privacy standards.
- Comfortable working in a high-energy, quickly changing and demanding environment
- Advanced level of Microsoft Package (especially Excel) or Google Workspace.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Project management leadership skills
CommonSpirit Health participates in E-verify.