Computer World Services is seeking a Systems Administrator to support the U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP), Passenger Systems Program Directorate (PSPD), Systems and Technology Support Branch (SysTech) with System and Technology Support.
The Systems Administrator candidate will install, configure, maintain, manage, and troubleshoot various tools and technologies. Manage physical and virtual enterprise computing devices requiring access to PSPD applications. Support defining and managing user roles and permissions. Analyze system failures and deficiencies to resolve issues and provide packaging software for installation via automated or manual methods.
The successful candidate will be able to:
1) Support customer IT programs and projects and meet organizational goals and requirements in an Agile environment;
2) Coordinate with different stakeholders across CBP OIT to resolve issues;
3) Stay abreast of new and emerging technologies to be able to recommend innovative solutions to improve current functions;
4) Make recommendations that align with CBP’s Strategic Goals to better promote cloud adoption, enabling PSPD to implement secure capabilities and incorporate new technologies;
5) Support optimized configuration and monitoring tools that provide the backend frame in sustaining of PSPD application.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
* Provide Tier III level O&M support for troubleshooting and resolving problems with system access, customer applications and devices.
* Utilize Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager (System Center Configuration Manager) to manage devices, provide software on time, monitor compliance setting management, pull reports and analyze failures and deficiencies to resolve issues related to PSPD related application and work on remediation.
* Support the technical integration of applications with peripheral devices and provide guidance, recommendations, and support on the installation and configurations of applications and devices in Dev/Edu/Test/Prod environments. This includes (but is not limited to) software version packaging, deployment, installation scheduling, O&M balance, maintenance window management, and Authorized Service Interrupts.
* Grant access to approved computing devices in support of PSPD primary, secondary, air, land, and seaport environments and remove devices no longer requiring access. This includes itemized access control based on group, department, mission partner, etc. broke down by software, device, service, and access level.
* Define and manage TECS roles and assign business functions and data elements for on-boarding new user communities. This includes levels of Active Directory and Application control directory management using rules, roles, inheritance, user attributes, as well as onboarding workflow handling, improvement, and adaptation.
* In coordination with responsible OIT group, package software for new installations via automated or manual methods.
* Create program efficiencies and eliminate redundant processes through advanced automation and scripting.
* Monitor the incident queue for issues and resolve incidents while identifying problems to be resolved by the engineering group.
* Collaborate with customer and team to provide semi-annual innovation recommendations to improve current functions for the operations/production environment. This includes any quality of life improvements, technical capabilities based on feedback, and identifying any areas lacking in standardization.
* Collaborate with team and customer to contribute to the Information Technology (IT) Security Plan.
* Contribute to status reports, project plans, and other deliverables as requested by the Project Manager.
* Identify and raise risks, issues, and dependencies for recording and tracking including future concerns, current mitigations, and course of actions for resolution.
* Participate in Scrum ceremonies.
Education & Experience
* Requires a BS/BA degree (or equivalent)
* Requires 5 - 10 years of related experience (education and certifications can be a stand in for experience)
* Heavily experienced in the control distribution between group policy objects and SCCM
* Experience in SCCM distribution points and databases (SQL)
* Detailed experience with log analysis, including SQL queries for issue resolution and automation opportunities
* Extremely well organized in handling of historical patching, backups, backup plans, overall change management, and automation of routine tasks
* Intermediate PowerShell scripting, creating automated script sets, enhancing existing scripts and .PS1 files
* ITSM (ServiceNow) configuration management and/or workflow experience is a plus
Certifications & Training
One or more of the following is preferred:
* MS SCCM or MECM
* Sec+ (CASP+ preferred), Server+, MCSA (MCSE preferred)
* Microsoft Course 20703-1-B, Course 10961-C
* Candidate must be a US Citizen
* Must undergo Minimum CBP Background Investigation check before starting
Other (Travel, Work Environment, DoD 8570 Requirements, Administrative Notes, etc.)
* Currently remote, but in the future, hybrid work will be performed primarily at DHS offices in DC Metro Area / Ashburn, VA
* Some local travel to various sites in the Washington, DC metropolitan area for meetings and briefings will be required
* Travel outside of the Washington, DC metropolitan area may be required in support of application and hardware deployments at CBP locations
* CWS employees must comply with all COVID-19 government customer requirements which may include: mandatory vaccination, mandatory attestation of one's vaccination status, and mandatory weekly or bi-weekly testing
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
EEO is the Law: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf