Job ID: 217202
Location: HUNTSVILLE , AL , US
Date Posted: 2021-05-12
Category: Engineering and Sciences
Subcategory: Systems Engineer
Shift: Day Job
Minimum Clearance Required: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Remote Work: No
SAIC is seeking an IDM Systems Engineer to support efforts in Huntsville, AL. SAIC is supporting the Systems Simulation, Software, and Integration Directorate (S3I) in continuation of the Improved Data Modem (IDM) sustainment and development. The IDM is a communication device for the Army rotorcraft digital fleet. It is an Airworthy hardware and software system. The S3I is supporting software sustainment for fielded IDM systems and an update to transition to the Aviation Mission Common Server multi-core implementation of IDM. A Systems Engineer is needed for requirements maintenance, development, and sustainment, continuous process improvement, risk management, process analysis and development, and system hardware and software life cycle sustainment and development.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Analyze system, software, and hardware specifications and interface documents to support transition of IDM to AMCS.
- Assist in the architecture, design and modeling of the IDM software.
- Provide collaborative leadership to the IDM Systems Engineering Team and other functional teams.
- Provide leadership for interdisciplinary teams as required to resolve systems engineering issues.
- Requirements design, development, maintenance, traceability and management.
- Provide SE interface to project management as needed including planning, reporting, and tracking status to completion for all SE tasks.
- Perform Model-Based System Engineering to support the requirements, design, analysis, verification, and validation associated with the development of complex systems.
- Function as the Dynamic Object Oriented Requirement System (DOORS) administrator within the IDM System Design and manage the IBM Rational DOORS requirements database.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or Systems Engineering are preferred)
- At least 10 years applicable experience
- Demonstrate ability to work collaboratively with a small team of SEs (6-8) as well as function on multidisciplinary teams and function as a task lead.
- Strong attention to detail and follow-through skills
- Experience with IBM Rational Dynamic Object Oriented Requirements (DOORS) & Rational Publishing Engine (RPE)
- Importing documents from various source files, creation and population of attributes, creation of link modules/link sets, and creation of links for various purposes e.g.: traceability, verification, analysis, and managing access to database
- Providing frequent input, guidance, and training to the program’s DOORS users to enable the most efficient usage of the DOORS tool
- Engaging with Program Data Management and Configuration Management personnel to ensure processes are in alignment with program's tailored requirements
- Generating reports out of DOORS for project status.
- Less than 10% Travel should be expected
- Strong knowledge of systems engineering processes and embedded systems
- Expert with requirements development, traceability and embedded systems
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to effectively communicate complex material, both written and verbal, to teammates, management and customer representatives.
- Ability to work under a deadline
- Self-motivated to continually learn and improve
- Proficient in MS Office
- Experience drafting/authoring requirements and ensuring traceability from the top level through the lowest requirement.
- Ability to ensure system requirements are aligned with all contractual requirements e.g. Performance Work Statement, Specification, SOW.
- Understanding of DO178C
- General knowledge of Real Time Operating Systems (RTOS)
- Highly desired, previous knowledge of IDM system or software requirements
- General knowledge of embedded military systems
- Experience with multicore SW projects
- Experience with Jira software
Clearance Requirement: Must possess an active secret clearance
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com
or Working at SAIC
for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.
This job has expired.