Foods people love. Brands people trust. And a career that nourishes your future like no other.
If you're driven by the passion to do something meaningful that changes lives, Nestlé is the place for you. Nestlé USA is one of seven operating companies that make up Nestlé's presence in the United States. We're in 97% of American homes, and as the leading food and beverage company, our goals are to continue to deliver quality food and beverage products, strengthen our local communities, and reduce our environmental and climate impact.
We're determined to challenge the status quo and be better tomorrow than we are today. As individuals and teams, we embrace our entrepreneurial culture and have created a workplace where collaboration is essential, courage is rewarded, speed is expected, and agility is the norm to delight our consumers every single day. Here, you will find limitless opportunities to learn and advance your career, and feel empowered to succeed in the workplace and beyond.
Because our focus is not only on nourishing our customers, it's about enriching you!
POSITION SUMMARY: TAG Packaging Manager (Innovation)
The TAG Packaging Manager (Innovation) is responsible for Packaging Innovation and Renovation for the Foods Division. The position has the responsibility to develop and implement the Packaging Innovation strategy to ensure full integration into the business MBS.
Key role to develop and maintain packaging process mastership in the Market. Responsible to ensure adherence to associated best practices and use of tools, ensuring excellence in performance and quality delivered from new and existing packaging systems. High degree of interaction with internal and external stakeholders related to the area of responsibility, including global internal and external networks, associations and supplier relationships.
* Leads the Packaging development I/R strategy implementation across multiple business categories including Meals, Pizza, Sweet Earth, Snacking, Strategic Growth Channels and NBV.
* Responsible for the alignment and implementation of key functional / global initiatives and process changes with each brand leader (Director) and Category owner (VP) and R&D Packaging head. (ex: Sustainability, e-commerce, Display Ready Packaging (DRP) Price Pack Architecture, etc.).
* Requires the ability to influence others outside of own job area on policies, practices and procedures, and often more senior levels in organization (VP & Director of Marketing, VPM, Factory Managers, Director & VP of Procurement and NDC Packaging Group Managers, etc.).
* Supports brands and factories to help bring commercial and technical strategies to life across 8 factories, 8 Co-Mans and 13 Brands.
* Manages team of experienced professionals (Developers, Co-Ops, Flex resources and Contractors as needed) and makes significant decisions on team focus areas, project scope, technology execution and division of responsibilities between R&D and TAG.
* Budget accountability for PRO linked to portfolio
* Leading role in the coordination with relevant global Nestle Networks regarding transfer and implementation of R&D Technologies into the Market Portfolio.
* Leads the deployment and implementation of global processes for continuous improvement of our packaging systems, ensuring appropriate feedback to design.
* Ensures appropriate level of support as well to productivity and expert driven projects, ensuring qualification of new lines and solutions from packaging system and performance point of view.
* Works closely and communicates frequently with various stakeholders - Marketing, R&D, Manufacturing, Engineering, Operational Excellence, Quality Assurance, Supply Chain, Procurement and Finance - to adequately understand and meet business requirements.
* Travel about 30%-50% depending on business needs at any given time
REQUIREMENTS AND MINIMUM EDUCATION LEVEL:
BA - Packaging, Mechanical, Chemical, Food Engineering or equivalent
* Preferred 5 -10 years of experience
* Experience of direct or functional leadership a plus
* Packaging related enthusiasm and leadership
* Strong verbal and written communication skills
* Outstanding leadership skills - credible, thought leader, influential and ethical
* Strong results and service orientation
* Must be able to deal with ambiguity and change.
* Effective presentation skills
* Ability to work with people within a "matrix" environment; ability to deal effectively with a variety of internal customers and stakeholders at varying levels within the organizations
* Strong analytical skills
* Computer literate