Do you have expertise in, and passion for recruiting? Would you like to apply your expertise to impact the Oncology Research & Development business in a company that follows the science and turns ideas into life changing medicines? Then AstraZeneca might be the one for you!
As a Talent Acquisition Partner, you will support hiring within our Oncology Research & Development team based out of our Waltham, MA office. You will play a pivotal role in ensuring we are hiring the best talent to channel our scientific capabilities and make a positive impact on changing patients' lives.
At AstraZeneca, we 're passionate about being a Great Place to Work. Where you are empowered to push the boundaries of science and fuel your results-oriented spirit.
Play your part in contributing to a business truly dedicated to its purpose and patients. Working for an enterprise at the ground breaking of science, we feel a huge sense of pride in our potential to transform the lives of patients with unmet needs.
What you'll do
As part of a diverse and global team we work to develop and implement Talent Acquisition strategies in partnership with Global Talent Acquisition Leads, Senior Business Leaders, Hiring Managers and Human Resources Business Partners. Our goal is to identify hardworking individuals for current and future vacancies with the right capability and skills in a timely and cost-efficient manner.
Your role will involve anticipating talent needs, developing and executing sourcing plans, screening, interviewing, pre-selecting, offer management and owning the hiring process.
Typical accountabilities will include:
Essential for the role
- Develop positive relationships with hiring managers and candidates, building a bench of top talent to meet current and anticipated business needs
- Develop and lead recruitment services delivery against delivery of time, cost and quality targets and key metrics
- Provide consultation, project management and service delivery to respective counterparts
- Participate in all activities in the recruitment life cycle including; sourcing planning, screening, interviewing, pre-selecting, offer management, hiring and onboarding
- Educate business client in the use of interviewing approach, recommend resources and techniques for interviewing, assessing and evaluating applicants
- Work with continuous improvements to ensure that way of working remains fit for purpose and explore new techniques to ensure an extraordinary candidate and hiring manager experience
- Appropriately challenge recruitment process to ensure hiring activities have the appropriate priority and to select the top candidate considering a mix of skills, abilities, potential, and diversity.
- Ensure assigned recruitment services are in compliance with Global Recruitment and country policies/guidelines
Desirable for the role
- Bachelor degree highly preferred with 5+ years of relevant experience; overall experience and education will be considered in lieu of degree and total years of experience
- Experienced in assessing candidates to meet and exceed business goals, providing recommendations to hiring managers in a credible and balanced manner.
- Professional in identifying and securing passive candidates via various 'direct' channels - Social Media; LinkedIn, networking, market mapping, careers fairs, industry events etc
- Experience in leading a structured sourcing / talent pipeline project using various Talent Acquisition tools and resources
- Sophisticated communication, presentation and project management skills
- Highly proficient IT skills, including all Microsoft office, spreadsheets, databases, reports and able to produce significant management information.
- Strong persuading, influencing, negotiating and consultation skills
- Ability to build and maintain a vast network of professional relationships
- Extensive knowledge of government regulations regarding employment topics
- College Degree, recruiting certifications (AIRS, CIR, CSSR, CDR, etc) other HR certifications (PHR, etc.)
- Other trainings, assessment related (i.e. DDI, Behavioral interviewing, project management, etc)
- Pharmaceutical and Biotechnology demonstrable experience (or strong desire to learn industry)
- Global recruitment experience
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements.
AstraZeneca requires all US employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 but will consider requests for reasonable accommodations as required by applicable law.