Job Title: Distribution Team Lead Department: As Assigned
Reports to: Operations Manager FLSA Status: Non- Exempt
Summary : The Distribution Team Lead is responsible for the efficient day-to-day operations of the distribution center personnel . The Lead is accountable for the safe operation of the distribution center personnel and may also be required to perform any of their duties in addition to his or her own duties.
Essential Functions : To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies to perform the essential functions of this position:
- Under Production Manager , directs workers on team to ensure accuracy, productivity, and teamwork; coordinates daily work flow , responds to routine work process questions and resolves issues by resolving thorough appropriate chain of command.
- Able and willing to work or assist in all areas of operation.
- Examines and compares packing list to ensure the count of the correct book title(s) are picked from the correct bay and slot, and placed in the box. Identifies the book title to ensure correct price sticker.
- Place appropriate quantity of each book in the appropriate size box.
- Follow safety rules for self and team, including maintaining a clean and s afe work environment, and sets example for the team; corrects and promptly brings safety issues to the attention of management. May be instructed to perform safety observations.
- Ensures the work areas are appropriately maintained and correct any unsafe conditions immediately.
- Demonstrates the ability to lead people and get results though others.
- Develop a positive work environment by demonstrating a positive attitude.
- Ensures shipping, receiving, storage, distribution and production are performed in an efficient manner.
- Receives deliveries checking for shortages and damage.
- Stores and reorganizes stock; operates fork lifts and material handling equipment. Keeps distribution center clean and orderly.
- Leads and participates in routine work assigned to temporary workers.
- Keeps accurate records and prepares reports.
- Load, unload, move , and stack , product and materials using forklift, reach truck or other power equipment.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships.
Non-Essential Functions :
- Other duties may be assigned, directed or requested.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Minimum of 3 years of distribution center experience or equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted.
- Must be computer literate.
- Knowledge of computerized inventory control system preferred.
Physical Requirements : The requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee:
- Must be able to stand up to 6 hours in a day.
- Must be able to walk up to 6 hours.
- Will continuously reach up and out.
- Will occasionally climb.
- Will occasionally push/pull from 11-25 pounds.
- Will frequently bend, stoop, reach up and out, crouch, kneel, and push/pull from 36-50 pounds.
- Will frequently lift up to 50 pounds and occasionally team lift up to 75 pounds.
- Will occasionally have repetitive foot movement.
- Will frequently have repetitive hand/arm movements for simple reaching, simple and firm grasping and/or fine hand manipulation.
- Specific vision ability required by this job includes close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Regularly required to stand; use hand to finger, handle or feel objects; and reach with hands and arms.
- Must be able to wear gloves occasionally.
Language Skills :
- Must have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to speak with all levels of the organization
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Be able to write routine reports
- Must be proficient in mathematics
- Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's
- Ability to perform these operations using American money and weight measurements, volume, and distance
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- The work performed is in a distribution center environment
- The employee is frequently exposed to vibrations and dust and will be working around moving machinery
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate at low decibels
- Must be able to work in a fast paced, team environment
Employee Signature Date
ReaderLink is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or status as an individual with a disability. EOE/Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran.
This job has expired.