Are you ready to be part of a passionate and hard-working team? Are you eager and have the drive to help us move our business forward? If so, then look no further.
Join our Thomson Linear team. We are an established and growing manufacturing facility in Marengo, IL. Our facility is clean and air conditioned and all benefits begin day 1 - including paid time off.
We invite you to explore the opportunity of advancing your career with Thomson. For more information about us, visit www.thomsonlinear.com/marengo.
The Line Leader is responsible for ensuring customer satisfaction with on time delivery and quality requirements by providing leadership and work direction to assigned associates so operations will be completed per standard work procedures and within the required cycle time. The line will also be responsible for machine uptime, operator level maintenance and operation of machines.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Job Requirements Education and Experience Requirements
- Operating production equipment to meet customer demand
- Communicating inventory needs, and driving 5S activities
- Daily tasks need to be achieved by working with supervisors, employees, and other Line Leaders
- Assist the supervisor in training new employees and the development of existing associates
- Troubleshoot production and flow problems
- Complete maintenance requests as needed
- Monitor and communicate all production measurements within the cells to the associates
- Communicate essential information to the Supervisor on a daily basis
- Distribute work, answer questions, train and resolve workflow related questions/issues
- Document work area related information about product, quality and process
- Maintain work area in a clean and orderly condition
- Operate and train employees on machining equipment
Physical Demand and Work Environment:
- Line leader skill set with proven results
- Results driven with positive attitude
- Good planning, organizing and communication
- The ability to multi-task and be a team player
- Machining background (CNC, Lathe, Manual)
- Good reading and comprehension
- The ability to work long periods standing up; lift and manipulate heavy loads (up to 60 lbs)
- Twist, turn, bend, stoop, push, pull, reach and walk repetitively, and work with oils, coolants and lubricants
- Must be willing to work overtime, which may include occasional weekends.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, and sit. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus.
EEO Statement: The company in which you have expressed employment interest is a subsidiary or affiliate of Altra Industrial Motion Corp. The subsidiary or affiliate is referred to as an ""Altra Company."" Altra Industrial Motion Corp. and all Altra Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or other characteristics protected by law. The ""EEO is the Law"" poster is available at: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf. If you have a disability and need assistance accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request assistance by sending an email to email@example.com.
This job has expired.