Radiology Neurovascular Laboratory MGH
Full time position (M-F, 8:30 am - 5 pm), at the Massachusetts General Hospital Radiology Neurovascular Laboratory.
This is primarily a clinical position in which the candidate will be assisting the Registered Vascular Technologist with the performance of various neurovascular ultrasound studies on patients at risk for stroke. Additional responsibilities may include participating in a variety of clinical research projects surrounding such imaging techniques as CT Angiography, MR Angiography, and ultrasound, and performing general administrative tasks. This is an excellent position for those planning on applying to medical school.
Job Qualifications: BA or BS in Biology or related science preferred. Excellent communication, time-management, and interpersonal skills. Research experience / Interest in clinical research. Previous clinical experience is preferred but not required.
Technical Assistant reports to and functions under the general supervision of the Technical Manager and Unit Operations Manager. Receives direct supervision from senior technical staff and the Technical Manager. Aids the technologist in performing day-to-day operations.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists in achieving efficient workflow in the Neurovascular Lab and White 2 Ultrasound Imaging area. Ensures efficient patient exam and report throughput.
- Ensures comfort and safety for patients awaiting ultrasound exam.
- Proactively communicates exam delays to patients.
- Ensure adequate supplies within the lab.
- Willingly offers and assists physicians and technologists as necessary during the study; interacts professionally and cooperatively with others and functions as a team member.
- Assists in coordinating the daily inpatient schedule and outpatient schedule, as needed. Prepares the patient schedule for the following day.
- Maintain professional, effective and constructive working relations and communication with departmental staff, hospital personnel.
- Achieves positive relationships with patients, families, visitors and other healthcare providers and contributes to a favorable public image of the overall hospital.
- Work habits and job performance must meet department standards.
- Clerical duties i.e. Schedule and cancel exams in RIS-Centricity, answer phones, ensures completion of daily schedule and report input.
- Maintain a clean and tidy work area.
- Assist technologists with performance of exam.
- Ability to explain the routine diagnostic procedures to be performed and inform the patient of how to prep for it.
• Maintains patient confidentiality.
• Give bed pan/urinals when necessary.
• Page and/or makes phone calls as requested by technologists/physicians.
• Any other related duties as directed by the Technical and Operations Managers.SKILLS/ ABILITIES/ COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to achieve excellent patient experience
• Knowledge of materials, equipment, supplies and procedures
• Knowledge of the principles of growth and development of infant, early childhood, late childhood, adolescent, young adult, adult, senior adult and geriatric patients. Must posses the ability to assess patient specific data relative to age specific needs and provide age appropriate care.Qualifications QUALIFICATIONS:
High School Diploma required ; BA or BS in Biology or related science preferred
Previous medical experience preferred.EEO Statement
Massachusetts General Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer. By embracing diverse skills, perspectives and ideas, we choose to lead. Applications from protected veterans and individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged