At Optiv, we're on a mission to help our clients make their businesses more secure. We're one of the fastest-growing companies in a truly essential industry. Join us.
The Technical Director this person should be a seasoned veteran on cyber technology consulting, process design, platform selection, implementation as well as leading teams and projects; must have multiple successful implementations. This Director will be responsible for mentoring and delivering development teams that are in-house, near-shore or offshore.
This individual will drive the technical relationship with our partners by providing strategic leadership for the organization as it relates to application security architecture, implementation and operational support of projects.
How You'll Make An Impact
- Provide thought leadership internally and externally by writing blog posts, articles, white papers or hosting webinars.
- Scout and suggest innovative marketing channels and tactics to grow the e-commerce business of our client
- Work with sales teams to deliver consultative conversations with customers and operate as the "tip of the spear" for Optiv Services.
- Architect solutions to ensure that the customer's risk transformation requirements are met.
- Assist with development of cyber engagement plans for customers which will enable them to execute upon strategies.
- Articulate conceptual, logical and physical solutions on the behalf of Optiv for the development of a proposal
- Oversee and direct the delivery of security strategy execution as part of a broader Enterprise or IS/IT Architecture which encompass People, Process and Technology components.
- Undertake Threat, Vulnerability and Risk analysis methodologies/techniques and the interpretation/application of their output in the definition of Security Architectures.
- Recognized expert across multiple solution areas
- Able to deliver and lead other consultants in complex projects
- Comfortable leading discussions with Client executives on broad as well as specific subject matter.
- Able to present to large groups. Speaks as an authority.
- Can handle difficult questions and consistently wins support from client audiences.
- Ability to envision consulting approach and deliverables for new areas of work for Optiv.
- Can modify and change methodologies as required.
- Broad awareness of the security/ technology space as a whole
- Establishes industry expertise through writing, speaking or online presence.
- Contributor to industry groups and/or publications
With Optiv you can expect:
- Bachelor's degree and approximately 10-15 years of related work experience.
- Approximately 8-10 years of technical architecture experience or in-depth consulting and implementation experience
- Desirable experience within one or more of the following Security Architecture and/or Enterprise Architectural Frameworks (e.g. SABSA, TOGAF, O-ESA, OpenSAMM, BSIMM).
- Knowledge of general security concepts and methods such as vulnerability assessments, data classification, privacy assessments, incident response, security policy creation, enterprise security strategies, architectures and governance.
- Strong understanding of networking (TCP/IP, OSI model), operating system fundamentals (Windows, UNIX, mainframe), security technologies (firewalls, IDS/IPS, etc.) and application programming/scripting languages (C, Java, Perl, Shell).
- Strong understanding of application development methodologies (DevOps, Agile, Scrum) and cloud architecture fundamentals (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud).
- Strong understanding of regulatory requirements and compliance issues affecting clients related to privacy and data protection, such as PCI DSS, GLBA, Basel II, EU Data Protection Directive, International Cross Border, and U.S. State Data Privacy Laws.
- Technical architecture experience integrating application security solutions into clients' infrastructure; network architecture design, implementation and administration.
- Willingness to travel to meet client needs; travel is estimated at 60-80%.
- Valid driver's license in the US and a valid passport required
- The successful candidate must hold or be willing to pursue related professional certifications such as the CISSP, CISM, and/or CISA.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong written and presentational skills; ability to clearly communicate complex messages to a variety of audiences
- Possess high standard of integrity and confidentiality
• A company committed to championing Diversity, Equality, and Inclusion through Affinity groups including but not limited to, Women's Network, Optiv Pride, Black Employee Network, and Veterans Support Network.
• Work/life balance. We offer "Recharge" a flexible, time-off program that encourages eligible employees to take the time they need to recharge
• Professional training resources, including tuition reimbursement
• Creative problem-solving and the ability to tackle unique, complex projects
• Volunteer Opportunities. "Optiv Chips In" encourages employees to volunteer and engage with their teams and communities.
• The ability and technology necessary to productively work remote/from home (where applicable)
If you are seeking a culture that supports growth, fosters success, and moves the industry forward, find your place at Optiv! As a market-leading provider of cyber security solutions, Optiv has the most comprehensive ecosystem of security products and partners to deliver unparalleled services. Our rich and successful history with our clients is based on trust, serving more than 12,000 clients of varying sizes and industries, including commercial, government, and education. We have the proven expertise to plan, build, and run successful security programs across Risk Management, Cyber Digital Transformation, Threat Management, Security Operations - Managed Services, and Identity and Data Management.
Optiv is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, status as an individual with a disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
This job has expired.