Tenant Experience Coordinator (Marketing/Events Coordinator))
Job Description Summary
Performs the administrative functions to support the Tenant Experience Platform assuring a high level of professionalism in scheduling, organizing and executing events, including internal and external collaboration.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Conduct research on local businesses and events to support Tenant Experience Platform Quarterly Recaps/plans, social media management, survey's and data gathering
• Create Marketing Materials including but not limited to:
- Event Flyers
- Instagram Posts
- Captivate Screens
• Assist with execution of all building events including vendor coordination, scheduling, set up and clean up.
• Assist with additional marketing material including business proposals, Quarterly Recaps/plans, and miscellaneous building signage.
• Promote and foster positive relationships with tenants and clients
• Assist with monthly and quarterly management reports as well as annual budget preparation for Tenant Experience Platform
1. Communication Proficiency (oral and written)
2. Customer Focus (internal and external)
3. Organization Skills
4. Interpersonal Skills
7. Marketing Experience
8. Graphic Design Experience
9. Events Coordination
10. Professional Social Media Management Experience
• High school diploma/GED equivalent; Bachelor's Degree preferred
• Customer service experience preferred
ADDITIONAL ELIGIBILITY QUALIFICATIONS
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
• Working knowledge of Canva, Photoshop, InDesign, etc.
• Ability to give and take direction and to interface with decision makers in a professional manner and maintain confidential information
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. Regularly required to travel outside between properties in varying weather conditions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may need to travel from floor to floor, climb stairs, and may be required to travel outside between buildings in varying outdoor weather conditions. The employee may also be regularly required to remain in a stationary position (sit or stand) for 85% of the time; regularly use hands to operate office machinery and regularly required to walk, talk, and hear.
C&W provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Further, C&W takes affirmative action to ensure that applicants are employed and employees during employment are treated without regard to any of these characteristics. Discrimination of any type will not be tolerated.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive list of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Cushman & Wakefield provides equal employment opportunity. Discrimination of any type will not be tolerated. Cushman & Wakefield is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position at Cushman & Wakefield, email HRServices@cushwake.com or HRServices@cwservices.com. All inquiries not related to accommodations will go unanswered.