Job ID: 480895
RiverBend Materials, a CRH company, is a member of the CRH West Division family, values a culture of growth, development, and internal promotion. We are a dynamic, growth-oriented, national aggregate, asphalt, concrete, and construction family of companies. For over 80 years, we have worked to be the preferred source of quality rock products, concrete, asphalt paving, and construction services. We have been recognized by numerous organizations for our commitment to safety, customer service, and innovation.
Whether you're looking for an opportunity to break into the construction industry, or looking for the next step in your career, our team can provide you with a fun and challenging opportunity to grow with a world-wide industry leader. In this role, you'll drive a truck equipped with concrete mixer to deliver ready mix concrete to various job sites in the area as we work together to build our communities. Each day provides you with a different adventure as you work with our customers to provide them with top tier service. You'll play an integral part as we stand together to reinvent the way our world is built.
Do you love driving trucks, or have you always wanted to, but don't want to be on the road away from home for long periods of time? Family and work-life balance are important to us here at RiverBend Materials. You'll find our drivers home most every night, as overnight trips for our drivers are few and far between. If you're someone that takes pride in your work, enjoys a new challenge each day, and thrives in a customer-centric environment, you'll feel right at home.
Wage: $24 - 29.25/hr DOE w/ potential for overtime
Shift: Primarily work 10 hours per day, 5 days per week. Will also be required to work more hours, per DOT regulations, and up to 7 days per week as needed during the busy construction season. This position may require traveling for extended periods of time to perform the job duties at various jobsite locations.
Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
- Home Every Night!
- Peak Season Pay Offered June 1st - October 31st
- Family Culture - We treat our team like family
- Generous Paid Time Off
- 401k with 5% company match & profit sharing
- Potential for Overtime
- Performance-Based Pay Structure - Work Hard Play Hard!
- Annual Performance & Dedication Bonus
- Strong Safety Culture - When we SEE something, we will STOP, and DO something.
- Opportunities for Internal Mobility
- Professional Development Opportunities
- Tuition Reimbursement Program - We'll assist with continuing education that aligns with your career goals
- Employee Assistance Program
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Short- & Long-Term Disability
- Earn More with our Employee Referral Program
- Company Discounts on products, goods, services, electronics, automotive, travel & more!
- Opportunities for Community Engagement
- Operate equipment safely and efficiently by utilizing equipment within its designed parameters.
- Perform pre-trip and post-trip inspection of vehicle to ensure safe operational order and report maintenance or repair issues.
- Be able to ingress and egress truck by navigating 2 steps with grab bars present.
- Be able to manipulate truck steering wheel (power steering), shifter and other various levers and knobs necessary for operation of truck and associated equipment.
- Operate ready-mix concrete truck to deliver to construction sites, as specified, in a safe and efficient manner, obeying applicable laws and following dispatch instructions.
- May add materials (fiber, color or other additives) to concrete mix.
- Ensure quality of product delivered, slump, etc.
- Maintain communication with Dispatcher as necessary regarding deliveries. Check delivery tickets for special instructions and complete as required.
- Ensure proper materials are loaded in a safe manner, and obtain proper signatures as required.
- Rinse out drum and chutes, and dump slurry as required by established procedures.
- Collect money from customers and record transactions on customer receipt.
- Inform customers of new products or services. Listen to and communicate or resolve service complaints.
- Respond to customer questions related to basic product knowledge and basic concrete construction techniques. Tactfully inform customer of concrete working methods and improper forms as appropriate.
- Monitor various gauges during operation of vehicle, investigate abnormalities and perform operator maintenance and minor field repairs.
- Record sales and delivery information.
- Maintain operator logs, forms and records in accordance with company policy and Department of Transportation regulations.
- Complete written report of problems or necessary repairs and forward to maintenance personnel. Detect and report improper operation, faulty equipment, defective materials and unusual conditions to proper supervision.
- Maintain work area and vehicle in a clean and orderly condition.
- Follow prescribed safety rules and regulations.
- Routinely assist other members of the work force in different areas of production.
- Take action to avoid potential hazards or obstructions.
- Other tasks and duties as assigned to meet business needs.
- Regular and timely attendance.
- Participate in and promote an inclusive work environment.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Valid Class B Unrestricted CDL and current DOT medical card.
- Safety minded professional who demonstrates good performance, attendance and punctuality.
- Must pass pre-employment physical exam and pre-employment controlled substance testing.
- Demonstrates the ability to work overtime and weekends/holidays as needed.
- Demonstrates the ability to conform to and maintain OSHA, MSHA, DOT and all other company or state rules and regulations.
- Must have current US Authorization to work or ability to obtain without company assistance prior to start date.
- General driving or equipment operating experience in a commercial or construction setting. Experience driving ready-mix truck a plus.
- Basic Mechanical skills
- Demonstrates the ability to work independently, without direct supervision.
- Demonstrates ability to work and communicate well with Supervisors, Truck Drivers, Heavy Equipment Operators and other employees.
- Demonstrates the ability to follow written and/or verbal instructions.
- Demonstrates the willingness to learn and work a variety of job tasks.
- Demonstrates excellent customer service skills.
- Must have good depth perception and coordination to operate machine controls.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The employee is frequently required to sit, climb, and use hands to signal and handle equipment. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, crawl, kneel, bend, and reach with hands and arms above their shoulders. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move anywhere up to 50-75 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and depth perception.Work Environment
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts; outside weather conditions; and extreme cold and/or heat. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The statements included in this job description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job. Other duties may be assigned as required. Requirements for this job are subject to modification by the Company and its designees, and reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.What CRH Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
CRH has a long and proud heritage. We are a collection of hundreds of family businesses, regional companies and large enterprises that together form the CRH family. CRH operates in a decentralized, diversified structure that allows you to work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of large international organization.
If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our official employment application. Please complete your online profile and it will be sent to the hiring manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest!
RiverBend Materials, a CRH Company, is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Date: May 24, 2023 Nearest Major Market:
Salem Job Segment:
Construction, Outside Sales, Equipment Operator, Engineering, Sales, Manufacturing
This job has expired.