Job ID: 337579
Gulf Coast, a CRH Company, is a locally-based construction company and building materials supplier owned and operated by CRH Americas Materials, the largest asphalt, ready mix and aggregates producer in North America. Gulf Coast is part of CRH America's growing Texas-based network of 47 locations and over 1,200 employees statewide.
The Underground Utilities Foreman is responsible for underground pipe operations (sanitary sewer, storm sewer, water line) for heavy highway, road, and street rehab projects, and able to utilize/operate heavy equipment for installation of pipes.
Required Skills & Experience
- Inspects work site to determine sequencing and method of pipe installation and survey for potential hazards or safety concerns and to ensure materials and installation meet specifications.
- Oversees and participates in the installation and repairs of sanitary sewer lines. Instructs and participates with other Utilities staff in the installation and repairs of water meters as needed.
- Manage and direct crew to meet production goals. Read and interpret plans and project specifications. Understands daily production costs and production cost reports. Track material quantities and resolve discrepancies with orders
- Interact with owners, clients, managers, subcontractors, and employees and maintain a positive working relationship. Execute work plan by effectively managing crew and equipment.
- Manage daily timekeeping logs, equipment logs, as well as completes daily reports and daily diaries. Educate and train crew on safety, production goals, and equipment maintenance. Use positive reinforcement as a form of discipline as well as to educate, train, enforce company policies, and meet production goals.
- Ensure operation is safe and use disciplinary actions as needed to always maintain safety. Report Injuries and damages to appropriate personnel. Ensure good housekeeping through use of toolbox talks, safety meetings, etc.
- Keep track of work tools, trailers and other resources and take steps to limit vandalism. Planning daily and weekly activities of crew, accurately reporting progress and production, and provide schedule updates.
- Must be capable, licensed and approved to drive a company pick-up truck or similar vehicle to work sites, offices, and other locations as required to perform job duties. Recruiting, interviews, and hires qualified applicants for available positions. Involved in all other personnel actions such disciplining, promotions, demotions, and terminations.
- Plan and perform complex or technical work requiring sound judgment and some decision-making authority.
What CRH Americas Offers You
- 3+ years of recent Utility Foreman experience on heavy highway, road, and/or bridge projects.
- Experience operating large heavy equipment in connection with pipe installation a plus.
- Ability to read/understand plans/cut stakes off sets.
- Ability to calculate and verify grades on plans.
- Experience installing a variety of site utilities, including storm sewer, waterline, sanitary sewer, and electric ducts banks.
- Knowledgeable with a variety of materials and installation methods to install per plans and specifications.
- Waterline / sewer equipment operation knowledge and the ability to train employees.
- Responsible for timekeeping, equipment tracking, quality tracking, and input on schedule development.
- Qualified candidates must have a valid driver's license, pass a motor vehicle check and drug screen.
- Must be flexible and able to workday, night and/or weekend shifts as required.
- Strong prioritization and organizational skills; detail oriented.
- Must be able to work outside 90% of the time and must be able to lift to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to prioritize, problem solve, and organizational skills, detail oriented.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Dependable, self-motivated, and task oriented.
About CRH Americas
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America's largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
CRH Americas is a great place to grow! If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
Gulf Coast is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Date Posted: Aug 21, 2022
This job has expired.