Northeast Georgia Health System is rooted in a foundation of improving the health of our communities.
This Unit Assistant position is PRN.
Schedule: 7:00 - 7:00, 5 Shifts in 6 weeks commitment. Days of the week vary with every other weekend rotation.
Location: NGMC Cardiovascular Stepdown S2E
CVSU is an Adult Cardiovascular Stepdown Unit. The unit has 31 private rooms and has telemetry monitoring performed by the Central Monitoring Unit (CMU). The types of patients on this unit include:
- Pre-open heart surgery and other cardiovascular and thoracic surgery patients
- Stable post-op open-heart, other cardiovascular and thoracic surgery patients transferred from RGHC (Ronnie Green Heart Center).
- Pre and post cardiac catheterization patients.
- Pre and post cardiac intervention patients, including pacemaker insertions and ICD implantations.
- Interventional peripheral and renal angioplasty patients requiring sheath care and removal
- Patients with arterial and venous sheath care, monitoring and removal
- Treatment of patients with cardiac arrhythmia
- Pre and post electrophysiology and ablation therapy
A non-licensed, staff member who is trained to be flexible in a variety of nursing support and transport duties. Performs a variety of clinical tasks including, but not limited to nursing units, cleaning and stocking of patients' rooms and other unit areas, and direct patient care within the scope of defined practice. Functions under the direct supervision of the shift primary nurse. Cares for patients in the adolescent, adult, and geriatric age groups. Performs clinical duties in accordance with population specific guidelines and adheres to National Patient Safety Goals as outlined in policy and procedures.Minimum Qualifications:
We're looking for someone who:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Current Georgia Certified Nursing Assistant or successful completion of Fundamentals of Nursing Course if a nursing student
- Must have Basic Life Support Certification through the American Heart Association
- Previous experience in patient care setting preferred but not required
Working at NGHS means being part of something special: a team invested in you as a person, an employee, and in helping you reach your goals.NGHS: Opportunities start here.
- Admits mistakes and shortcomings
- Communicates Effectively
- Takes Initiative
- Promotes Teamwork
- Adapts to Change
Northeast Georgia Health System is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will not tolerate discrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected classification or status.