Location: Wilmington, DE
AstraZeneca is a global, innovation-driven BioPharmaceutical business that focuses on the discovery, development and commercialization of prescription medicines for some of the world's most serious disease. But we're more than one of the world's leading pharmaceutical companies. At AstraZeneca we're dedicated to being a Great Place to Work. Where you are empowered to push the boundaries of science and unleash your entrepreneurial spirit. There's no better place to make a difference to medicine, patients and society. An inclusive culture that champions diversity and collaboration. Always committed to lifelong learning, growth and development.
Global Insights, Analytics & Commercial Excellence (GIACE) is a strategic function, critical for enabling success in the growth of the BBU business. Our ambition is to build an industry-leading organization, empowering our Commercial teams through the generation of compelling evidence and insights, while ensuring they have the tools and skills to deliver impactful launches that change the practice of medicine for the benefit of patients.
The aim of the Insights & Analytics Center of Excellence is to establish industry-leading capabilities across the core areas of analytics, forecasting, reporting, business planning, and insight capabilities. It will demonstrate, reapply, and advance standard methodologies in capabilities and operations from Global and US more broadly across geographies. In the area of sophisticated analytics, the ambition is to accelerate the development and application of sophisticated analytic methodologies such as machine learning and artificial intelligence to address business problems. The CoE also strives to scale and deploy these capabilities in a highly efficient manner so that continuous innovation can be pursued.
The I&A Center of Excellence is responsible for Global and US across the BBU, and is organized around the following core capability areas:
- Brand Analytics
- Advanced Analytics, US and Global
- Advanced Analytics, Other Markets & Data Management
- Forecasting, RIA - Forecasting, CVRM
- Business Planning & Capabilities
The Forecasting Leader is a critical business partner with the brand team, producing forecasts and collaborating with the team on how to handle risks and opportunities for the business. As a Forecast Leader, you will have responsibility for a brand/brands and play an integral role in understanding performance, setting expectations for performance, and guiding brand strategy. They will be responsible for implementing and ensuring consistent application of standard methodologies across the organization drawing from inside and outside the industry, leading to objective forecasts supported by insight & analytics. You will partner with the Forecast Lead, Senior Director to help develop and implement new capabilities and improvements.
The Forecasting Leader will develop product-specific short-term and long-term forecasts models and maintain up-to-date forecast models, reflecting current data, information, assumptions; lead the forecasting and business planning processes and all associated work streams (sales bridges, ad hoc supporting Finance, etc.); Identify key business issues that impact short-term and long-range product and market forecasts; clearly and pro-actively surface these issues, incorporate the results of primary research into the forecast model(s) to reflect anticipated risks and opportunities on sales outlook.
This role is reserved for someone who has a deep forecasting and quantitative technical skills combined with outstanding interpersonal skills. As such, those who will qualify for this position are both technically sound and have the ability to be a proactive internal consultant, contributing to AstraZeneca's commercial organization beyond their analytical prowess through their understanding of secondary data, industry knowledge, and track record of innovative and impactful decision support.Typical Accountabilities:
- Lead forecast processes and manage forecast tools across brands with multiple indications and monitors performance across various physician specialties and segments
- Ensure objectivity of brand/therapeutic area forecasts of internal and external opportunities through establishing objectives aligned around forecast accuracy.
- Proactively identify risks and opportunities of portfolio, brand and indication, as well as strategies for how to address them to deliver business success.
- Partner with Market Access Strategy and US Finance to understand market access and price impact, and support development of P&L for the evaluation of the opportunity
- Support the Sales Force Operation Team on Field Incentive Compensation
- Conduct sensitivity analysis to assist in opportunity identification and risk management.
- Develop a deep understanding of internal customers' data and analytical needs focusing on the customer-facing data
- Champion the use of customer insight in strategic and resourcing decisions across the business.
- Capable of applying deeper technical skills and knowledge that is shared across the functional area (e.g., deep knowledge of key data sets, modeling capabilities, etc.)
- Bachelor's Degree in relevant field
- 8+ years of analytical experience, 3 years in Health Care Industry including experience in product forecasting. In-depth knowledge of forecasting techniques and use of different forecast models and approaches.
- Experience in building, deploying, and embedding capabilities into an organization.
- Experience utilising a range of analytics involving standard data in the Pharmaceutical Industry e.g. IQVIA (LAAD, & MIDAS), and epidemiological data (Decision Resources, Kantar, etc.)
- Strong understanding of primary market research, sophisticated analytics, and competitive intelligence.
- Reportable accomplishments around converting derived insight into strategic mentorship and developing this skill among direct reports
- Strong ability to influence laterally and vertically
- Excellent financial modelling and forecasting skills
- Strong market research and analytical expertise!
- Advanced degree (e.g., PhD / MBA / Masters in areas such as Statistics/Decision Sciences)
- 5 years' experience in Global Pharma Industry, advising decisions on major drivers of product success, and Health Care environment.
At AstraZeneca we're dedicated to being a Great Place to Work. Where you are empowered to push the boundaries of science and unleash your entrepreneurial spirit. There's no better place to make a difference to medicine, patients and society. An inclusive culture that champions diversity and collaboration, and always committed to lifelong learning, growth and development. We're on an exciting journey to pioneer the future of healthcare.Our Social Media, Follow AstraZeneca on LinkedIn
Follow AstraZeneca on FacebookFollow AstraZeneca on Instagram
This job has expired.