What you'll do...
The Global Internal Controls Team aims to create the most trusted, sustainable control environment for our Company. Our team is focused on maintaining control effectiveness rates while optimizing the control environment, supporting key modernization efforts and transformation initiatives, improving processes, enabling the business with appropriate SOX compliance, and supporting development and rollout of global flywheel activities.
ABOUT THE POSITION
The Director, Controllership (Global Internal Controls - PMO) support overall operational execution of the SOX program. This position requires effective collaboration with internal and external auditors, as well as business partners. Additionally, you will make an impact if you demonstrate an ability to learn new business processes quickly and recommend controls to mitigate material risks.
You'll sweep us off our feet if...
You'll make an impact by:
- You have a strong background in SOX auditing and reporting.
- You have ambitious standards and can hold peers and business partners accountable.
- You are experienced in working and collaborating in a matrixed and multi-national organization.
- You can make complex subjects easily understood through compelling stories and visuals.
- You are a learner and self-starter who thrives in defining problems and developing solutions.
- You understand financial statement assertions and risks.
- You demonstrate a digital acumen and ability to learn new systems, tools, etc.
- Providing guidance to our business and technology partners on all matters pertaining to SOX program.
- Tracking and validating key SOX program deliverables like SOC1 reports.
- Developing internal communications, newsletters and maintaining SOX guidelines in our GIC SharePoint site.
- Providing guidance and documenting our SOX Program timeline in collaboration with internal and external auditors.
- Creating Executive Summaries, Red Flag Reports, and Audit Committee/Steering Committee materials.
- Having strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Building a strong internal network, through demonstrating knowledge and building trust quickly.
- Bringing ideas and solutions to complex and challenging processes.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or related field and 5 years of experience in Accounting, Finance or related field OR 7 years of experience in Accounting, Finance, or related field. 2 year's supervisory experience, leading cross- functional teams or projects.
- Master's degree in Business Administration (MBA), Finance, Accounting, or related field.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or related financial certification.
- Retail experience.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process.Benefits & Perks:
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer - By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas, and opinions - while being inclusive of all people.Who We Are
Join Walmart and your work could help over 275million global customers live better every week. Yes, we are the Fortune #1 company. Butyou'llquickly find we're a company who wants you to feel comfortable bringing your whole self to work. A career at Walmart is where the world's most complex challenges meet a kinder way of life. Our mission spreads far beyond the walls of our stores. Join us andyou'lldiscover why we are a world leader in diversity and inclusion, sustainability, and community involvement. From day one,you'llbe empowered and equipped to do the best work of your life.
careers.walmart.com Minimum Qualifications...
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, or related field and 5 years' experience in finance, accounting, or related area OR 7 years' experience in finance, accounting, or related area. 2 years' supervisory experience. Preferred Qualifications...
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Relational Database Management System (RDMS), Working on cross-functional teams or projects
Masters: Business Administration
Financial & Insurance - Certified Public Accountant - Certification Primary Location...
701 S. WALTON BLVD., BENTONVILLE, AR 72716-6209, United States of America
This job has expired.