Facebook Reality Labs (FRL) Teams focus on delivering Facebook's vision through Virtual Reality (VR) and Augmented Reality (AR). The compute performance and power efficiency requirements of Virtual and Augmented Reality require custom silicon. Facebook Agile Silicon Team (FAST) is driving state of the art, breakthrough work in computer vision, machine learning, mixed reality, graphics, displays, sensors, and new ways to map the human body. Our chips will enable AR & VR devices where our real and virtual world will mix and match throughout the day. We believe the only way to achieve our goals is to look at the entire stack, from transistor, through architecture, to firmware and algorithms.We are excited to offer a new career development program to grow our FRL Hardware team. We are seeking engineers, who are military veterans at all levels to work with a world-class group of researchers and engineers in Silicon/ASIC/VLSI, Machine Learning, Computer Vision, Computer Graphics, Security, Audio, Signal Processing, and more. You will support Silicon team members in developing and implementing custom and semi-custom mixed signal ICs to drive our industry leading virtual and augmented reality systems. Military spouses may also apply.This is a 12 month program with the FRL Silicon Team. Once the program concludes, participants may apply and interview for open full time employment opportunities within the greater team.
- Support phases of SoC development - including early architecture requirements definition for custom silicon, firmware architecture, implementation, simulation, FPGA debug, chip bring up and support systems and software teams on algorithm development on validated systems
- End-to-system firmware development to include power-management, boot loaders, scheduling, RTOS and/or bare-metal implementations
- Develop OS custom kernel drivers and APIs for hardware accelerators and peripherals
- Learning and understanding of chip-level integration, verification plan development and verification
- Assist with algorithm analysis, algorithm verification and improvement
- Bachelors in Computer Science or equivalent experience in a technical role in the military
- Basic Coding and/or Scripting experience (Python, C/C++, or similar)
- Experience articulating complex engineering solutions to both technical and nontechnical cross-functional partners
- Military Veteran
- Experience working in at least one of: Verilog/SystemVerilog, Python, C/C++ or similar
- Understanding of digital ASICs design flows
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at email@example.com.
This job has expired.