JDRF is the leading global organization funding type 1 diabetes (T1D) research. Our mission is to accelerate life-changing breakthroughs to cure, prevent and treat T1D and its complications. To accomplish this, JDRF has invested more than $2.5 billion in research funding since our inception. We are an organization built on a grassroots model of people connecting in their local communities, collaborating regionally for efficiency and broader fundraising impact, and uniting on a national stage to pool resources, passion, and energy. We collaborate with academic institutions, policymakers, and corporate and industry partners to develop and deliver a pipeline of innovative therapies to people living with T1D. Our staff and volunteers in chapters across the United States and our five international affiliates are dedicated to advocacy, community engagement, and our vision of a world without T1D. For more information, please visit www.jdrf.org or follow us on Twitter @JDRF.
As a JDRF team member, you can look forward to interesting and challenging work, building strong relationships with fellow staff and our network of volunteers, and having a meaningful impact on the lives of everyone affected by this devastating disease. JDRF supports a diverse and inclusive workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
BROAD FUNCTION AND SCOPE OF THE POSITION:
The VP of Financial Planning & Analysis will serve as a key member of the financial leadership team reporting directly to the Chief Financial Officer. By way of first-class management reporting, diligent analyses, and strategic modeling, the Financial Planning & Analysis team plays a key role in partnering with Chapters and National departments and informing leadership of actual and projected performance, as well as analyzing business trends, changes, and new initiatives in a highly collaborative, cross-functional environment. Empowered to drive ongoing organizational improvements; effective strategic & budgetary planning processes; forecasting; robust metrics and insights. FP&A leader has entrepreneurial drive, strong leadership skills, exceptional analytical capability to communicate complex issues to wide audiences; effective leader of teams; and proven ability to partner with various business partners. FP&A leader also brings a global perspective as JDRF looks to expand it reach and impact.
• Lead the FP&A team - partnering closely with key stakeholders and leaders across the enterprise to budget, forecast and manage the business. Build and grow a highly collaborative team that can understands and can influence National and Chapter business partners to drive greater organizational impact.
• Lead the annual operating budget process, track, and report on performance relative to plan, and manage forecast updates. Drive operational excellence and detail orientation.
• Drive strategic financial planning and provide financial leadership to the annual Financial Planning Process, building long range plans, investment business cases and strategic initiatives in partnership with operating leads across the business. Algin work to the organization's strategic plan.
• Build and iterate on complex financial models covering all aspects of JDRF's mission, fundraising, and business operations that will enable effective decision making regarding the organization's revenue growth strategy, cost structure, and capital expenditures.
• Improve JDRF leadership's understanding of financial statements and budget adherence with thoughtful and transparent analysis and partnership.
• Maintain and enhance efficiency of internal financial reporting processes, key performance indicators and forward-looking analytics, serving as a thought leader to upgrade standards through the pursuit of continuous process improvement.
• Establish, track, and monitor key performance metrics used to drive the business; leverage effective reporting and visualization tools to engage and communicate with leaders across the organization.
• Create ad-hoc analyses to drive business strategy, improve efficacy and maximize impact.
• Help drive finance discipline, fact-based decision-making, and financial visibility.
• Collaborate with leaders and business owners and provide fact-based recommendations that support revenue growth targets and improve margins, expand JDRF mission impact through operating efficiency and effectiveness.
• Effective communicator and storyteller to various stakeholder groups; able to effectively communicate complex ideas visually, written and orally.
• Build and maintain the enterprise overall liquidity and cash management strategy; ensuring the annual integrated strategic and financial planning process is supported and funding targets are met.
• Create materials and actively participate in communications and presentations for the International Board of Directors (IBOD) Finance and Investment Committee; assist in preparation of materials for IBOD meetings.
EXPERIENCE & REQUIREMENTS:
• Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Accounting, or related field; MBA and/or CPA preferred.
• 10 plus years progressive financial experience with at least 10 years of direct finance leadership (management consulting/corporate strategy experience is a plus)
• Strong foundation in accounting principles and managerial financial techniques.
• Knowledge of nonprofit management preferred.
• Experience with enterprise financial systems. Workday, Salesforce, Adaptive experience preferred.
• Mastery of Microsoft Excel & PowerPoint.
• Treasury management and cash management systems with experience working with investment consultants to develop and algin portfolios strategies to desired risk/return profiles.
• Excellent time management skills with ability to handle multiple projects.
• Excellent communications skills (verbal and written) and the ability to create presentations to finance executives as well as non-financial teams
• Fast learner and able to link diverse sources of information to the business, including ability to handle confidential information and materials with appropriate discretion.
• Ability to work and make judgments independently and take initiative. Well-disciplined and a self-starter that is extremely resourceful.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands or fingers, handle or feel objects, tools or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and infrequently up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
To protect the health and safety of our staff, employees, regardless of position, are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 and have a COVID-19 booster shot (excluding states where prohibited). Requests for medical, religious, and other exemptions will be considered on an individual basis. JDRF will comply with all federal, state, and local laws.
JDRF supports a diverse and inclusive workforce.
JDRF is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Posted about 2 hours ago
Posted about 2 hours ago
Posted about 2 hours ago
Subscribe to job alerts and upload your resume!
*By registering with our site, you agree to our