The Nebraska Department of Education is looking for a VR Associate to provide clerical and fiscal support services to Nebraska Vocational Rehabilitation (VR) programs.
Nebraska Department of Education employees are working from hybrid work locations. This approach includes both working in the local VR office and from a home office. Nebraska VR's hybrid work schedule is two days per week in the local VR office and three days per week from a home office. The amount of time spent working from home or in the office is subject to supervisory approval and will be discussed at the interview.
Budgeted Salary Range:
$13.390 - $15.174 This range is based upon available budget funds. The selected candidate's skills, abilities, education, and experience will determine the salary offer within this posted range.
NDE is committed to advancing equity, inclusiveness, and diversity in all that we do. As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, we encourage applications from ALL qualified candidates and assure they will receive consideration for this position regardless of sex, race, color, national origin, religion, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
This position is federally funded and may be governed by the Federal Hatch Act. Click here to review the Act.
Examples of Work
- Enters information into the client data system (QE2), provides routine case monitoring and follow-up, sets up/maintains confidential client QE2 and paper files; prepares and enters task notes; monitors and updates client milestones.
- Requests and collects necessary medical, school, demographic, public benefit, financial, and employment information; and monitors receipt of requested information.
- Performs receptionist duties as assigned; responds to basic questions about Vocational Rehabilitation, and schedules appointments.
- Prepares payment authorizations, obtains agreed upon goods and services and verifies their receipt.
- Sets up provider accounts.
- Validates and processes the payment of bills.
- Supports team members in use of financial system.
- Communicates with a variety of service vendors.
- Collaborates and assists regularly with assigned counselors and clients.
- Sets up provider accounts, prepare payment authorizations, obtain agreed upon goods and services, and verify receipt of goods and services.
- Files, makes copies, routes information, and processes mail.
- Operates and maintains office equipment, manages inventory, and orders and stocks equipment and supplies.
- Maintains regular and reliable attendance and works in a variety of settings.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participates in Vocational Rehabilitation (VR) and NDE committees, work groups, and meetings.
- Processes car logs and assigns state cars to VR staff.
Qualifications / Requirements
High school diploma or equivalent and one year of experience related to the essential functions of the position. Any equivalent education and/or work experience may be substituted in order to meet the minimum qualifications of the position.
At least two years of experience related to the essential functions of the position. Experience with persons with disabilities; providing customer service. Experience using a client data system and keeping accurate records. Experience with accounting functions such as accounts payable and accounts receivable.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Accounting principles and best practices.
- Formats used in written business communications.
- English grammar, spelling, and composition needed for correspondence.
- Computer software necessary to carry out job responsibilities.
- Types and uses of office equipment.
- Office management principles, methods, and procedures.
- Established policies, procedures, practices of the Nebraska Department of Education.
- Interact with people with significant disabilities.
- Prepare a variety of internal reports and documents.
- Convey technical information to individuals with varying levels of knowledge.
- Communicate orally and in writing with agency staff and the public.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Maintain the confidential nature of information.
- Understand, interpret, and apply rules, administrative policies, and program guidelines.
- Operate office equipment necessary to perform the required duties.
The Supplemental Questions section of the application assists us in determining candidates to interview, so answering them completely with requested details is highly encouraged. Each written response area has ample space to provide a complete response; due to screen size, we do not recommend filling out this application on small mobile devices.
This job has expired.