To operate forklifts safely and efficiently; handle all production and raw materials properly and orderly; maintain warehouse area with orderly stacking and good housekeeping; load and unload truck/trailers safely and using proper procedures; maintain access to dock doors both inside and outside the facility; and prepare all warehouse-related documents as necessary.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
- Operate forklifts in a safe manner.
- Wear seat belts during forklift operation at all times.
- Ensure Forklift is maintained in a safe and efficient operating condition. (Daily/Weekly Inspections)
- Remove product from production area.
- Ensure all units are stacked at proper height and in orderly manner in Warehouse.
- Bring raw materials to the production floor.
- Weigh, identify (mark) and stage waste raw materials.
- Sweep and maintain Warehouse in an orderly fashion.
- Maintain access to dock doors. (Snow removal, debris removal, etc.)
- Prepare Warehouse reports, review Bills of Lading, work orders, etc., as necessary.
- Load and unload truck/trailers.
- Ensure proper procedures for loading/unloading trailer is being followed.
- Assist co-workers where needed.
- Assist with documenting daily and monthly Inventories.
- Complete Quality Control Orientation program.
- Complete Warehouse Inventory Procedure training on the in-house computer inventory systems.
- Assist in the training of new employees in the Quality Control Orientation Program as needed.
- Assist in the training of new employees on the in-house computer inventory systems as needed.
- Perform assigned tasks as instructed by supervisors.
- Complete or have completed the OSHA Forklift Certification program within 90 days of employment to earn an OSHA Forklift Certification/License.
Experience, Educational and Technical Qualifications
- Responsible for active participation on plant teams and activities including safety, quality, sustainability, community involvement, OEE, maintenance, employee wellness, brainstorming and continuous improvement which are required to create and maintain a World Class environment.
- Responsible for their personal development by requesting regular meetings with their managers, requesting additional training, requesting involvement beyond their immediate job responsibilities, seeking higher education opportunities including continuing education classes and establishing self development and performance goals with their managers.
Our Warehouse Associate should possess a sense of urgency, accountability, and be able to work with limited supervision. A High School diploma or GED equivalent is preferred. One year of forklift experience is preferred.
Physical Activity Required:
- Must be able to come to work promptly and regularly.
- Must be able to take direction and work well with others.
- Must be able to work under the stress of deadlines.
- Must be able to concentrate and perform accurately.
- Must be able to react to change productively and to handle other tasks as assigned.
Ascending or descending ladders, stairs and equipment, using feet and legs and/or hands and arms. Needs good body agility.
Bending body downward and forward by bending spine at waist. This requires the full use of the lower extremities and back muscles.
Bending body downward and forward by bending legs and spine.
Extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction.
Standing for sustained periods of time.
Moving over long distances to accomplish tasks.
Using upper extremities to press against something with steady force in order to thrust forward, downward or outward.
Using upper extremities to exert force in order to draw, drag, haul or tug objects in a sustained motion.
Raising objects from a lower to a higher position or moving objects horizontally from position to position.
Applying pressure to an object with the fingers and palm.
Perceiving attributes of objects, such as size, shape, temperature or texture by touching with skin.
Picking, pinching, or otherwise working primarily with fingers rather than with the whole hand or arm.
Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word. This includes activities where detailed or important spoken instruction must be conveyed to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly.
Perceiving the nature of sounds with no less than 40 dB at 500 Hz, 100 Hz, and 2000 Hz with or without correction. Able to receive detailed information through oral communication and to make fine discriminations in sound, such as when making fine adjustments on machine parts.
Substantial movements of the arms, hand and/or fingers.
Must be able to prepare and analyze data and figures. Eye sight capable of seeing small defects at distances close to the eyes.
Medium Work - Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.Environmental Working Conditions:
- The worker is subject to both inside and outside environmental conditions.
- The worker may be subject to extreme heat. Temperatures above 100 for periods of more than one hour.
- The worker is subject to noise.
- The worker is subject to vibrations. Exposure to oscillating movements of the extremities or whole body.
- The worker is subject to being exposed to moving mechanical parts, electrical current, chemicals, etc.
- The worker may be subject to atmospheric conditions, i.e. fumes, odors, dusts, mists, gases or poor ventilation.
- The worker is subject to oils. Air and/or skin exposure to oils and other cutting fluids.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Ring Container Technologies is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of Ring to apply recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation and professional development practices without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation and gender identity), national origin, age (40 or older), disability or certain classifications based on genetic information.
This job has expired.