Job ID: 320705
C.R. Laurence Co., Inc. (CRL) is the leading supplier to the glazing, architectural, railing, construction, industrial, and automotive industries. Offering more than 60,000 products, we serve the industry from locations throughout North America, Europe, and Australia.
The Warehouse Worker/Order Puller is responsible for picking and checking products in the warehouse to fill customer orders.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Physically pulls and packs orders to quality standards
- Verifies accuracy against all orders
- Marks boxes/pallets for route and stop designation
- Reboxing of product
- Wraps pallets by hand to insure stability
- Restocks and puts product away carefully and safely
- Responsible for the cleanliness of all work areas
- Communicates stock needs and discrepancies to appropriate personnel
- Communicates challenges inhibiting accurate and timely order pulling process
- Responsible for participating in yearly inventory as required
- Ability to listen effectively and follow instructions
- Regular and predictable attendance, safely perform tasks and adherence to all safety policies and procedures are essential functions of the job.
- Other duties and responsibilities related to the nature of the job may be assigned on a temporary or permanent basis as needed
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties of the job. Requirements / Education / Experience
- High school diploma preferred
- Ability to communicate with employees, peers, and supervisors in an effective manner
- Experience in a warehouse job, and/or order pulling is preferred
- Basic computer skills a plus
- Ability to work independently
- Issued safety equipment and other equipment as assigned
- To avoid injuries to hands, back and neck, proper ergonomics should be maintained while working at workstation.
- Duties may involve being in a warehouse environment where noise levels can be moderate to high and be subject to the same general climate conditions of the region (heat, cold, humidity, etc.).
- Chemicals, dust, pollen and other typical airborne particulate matter are present within the atmosphere of the warehouse floor and may create some odors in the warehouse. The Company, in an effort to provide its employees with a safe and healthy working environment, limits exposure to chemicals through written procedures, engineering controls and PPE.
- While the chemical exposure and odors are under acceptable levels set by OSHA and the WCB, they nevertheless, can be smelled and are handled according to the company's hazardous communication program.
The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types or work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
The job description does not constitute an employment contract between the employer and the employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change. What CRH Americas Offers You
About CRH Americas
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America's largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
C.R. Laurence Co., a CRH company, is a great place to grow! If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH family!
CRH Americas is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link .
C.R. Laurence Co., Inc. (CRL) is an E-Verify Employer.
Date Posted: Aug 16, 2021 Nearest Major Market:
Philadelphia Job Segment:
Engineer, Temporary, Warehouse, Engineering, Contract, Manufacturing
This job has expired.