A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 60,300 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
The Wastewater Treatment Operator 2 will operate and maintain the on-site Wastewater Pre-Treatment Plant in accordance with the standards established by the company and the City of Sheboygan. The objective is to meet the wastewater pre-treatment needs of the on-site production facilities while at the same time helping to ensure the plant is operated within the plant's inherent limits. Secondary responsibilities involve supporting the Environmental Services Department which is tasked to package and ship hazardous and non-hazardous production wasteand support other environmental programs like Storm Water Pollution Prevention, Spill Containment, Control & Countermeasures, Air Pollution Control and ISO-14001 at the direction of department Management. Finally, operators are required to improve processes, control costs, and correct safety hazards. The Wastewater Treatment Operator 2 requires a demonstrated level competence and/ or WWTP certification by a 3rd party to advance to Wastewater. Specific job duties include:
- Independently operate the wastewater plant efficiently to maintain regulatory compliance
- Perform lab tests to provide operational data and complete all required documentation. Initiates operational changes based on the data
- Perform daily lab tests of pH, temperature, DO, COD, and TSS and record the results
- Perform phosphorus, ammonia, cyanide and carbon tests as required and record the results
- Provide monthly reports of all data collected
- Make adjustments to flow, pH, temperature, DO, COD (feed rate), carbon, polymer, wasting and nutrient addition based on operational data
- Obtain and submit effluent, EQ, and sludge cake samples for outside lab analysis, including proper documentation
- Analyze all laboratory analysis results to ensure full compliance. Immediately report non-conformances
- Maintain a supply of all chemicals, materials, and equipment required to operate the plant
- Record in and review the operator's log daily and actively participate in shift overlap discussions
- Perform all daily, weekly, and monthly plant checks and record the results
- Perform all safety equipment and safety alarm inspections as required and record the results
- Perform all plant preventative maintenance tasks as scheduled
- Trouble-shoot and correct problems independently
- Remove snow and ice, and perform other tasks assigned to keep the WWTP in order
- Perform all minor maintenance and any major maintenance possible
- Operate and empty the sludge press
- Perform solids analysis for each press batch run and record all data
- Perform adjustments to ferric chloride feed rate and pump speed as required
- Trouble shoot poor dewatering and make press adjustments as necessary
- Pressure wash, inspect, and maintain filter cloths
- Maintain a clean and orderly plant including emptying of totes forwarded by production facilities
- Perform biomass toxicity tests for products new to the treatment plant
- Modify work practices and processes to achieve results or improve efficiency
- Complete work with a limited degree of supervision
- Safely operate a forklift
- Operate various hand and power tools
Who You Are:Minimum Qualifications
- Transfer tote contents to plant diversion tanks and record tote contents by pump or gravity feed
- Work directly with the production groups to process as much waste as possible
- Miscellaneous duties and tasks as assigned
- Maintain exemplary attendance and adherence to schedule
- Prepare reports using processing software & spreadsheets
- Potential for work on holidays and weekends
- Work shift: 3-11:30pm
- HS Diploma or GED
- 1+ years of experience in a wastewater treatment operation
- Associate Degree in Wastewater Technology and Environmental Science or certification in wastewater management or groundwater management
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Ability to flex and cover other work shifts
- Proficiency with word processing software, spreadsheets, and email
RSRMSWhat we offer:
We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences.
We celebrate all dimensions of diversity. We believe that it drives excellence, innovation, and human progress. We care about our customers, patients, and our rich mix of people. This diversity strengthens our ability to lead in science and technology.
We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all and empower you to fulfil your ambitions. Our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons.
Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to bring their curiosity to life!Curious?
Chat with one of our curious minds on our interactive Q&A platform and catch a glimpse of our people, values, and culture. You can also apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html
If you are a resident of NYC, Connecticut or Colorado, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
As an employee of the Company, you will be required to comply with all of the Company's COVID-19 safety protocols and policies. The organization has currently suspended enforcement of its COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, but that policy may be reinstated by the Company in its discretion.
Job Requisition ID: 247520
Location: Sheboygan Falls
Career Level: C - Professional (1-3 years)
Working time model: full-time