Qualified candidates with a minimum of two years of experience are eligible for a sign-on bonus up to $12,500
The University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics Department of Nursing is seeking a Staff Nurse (RN) for the Medical Surgical Services (MSS) division. The Adult Acute Internal Medicine Units (4/5 South) are both 13-bed, general medicine inpatient units that serve patients with multiple diagnoses and co-morbidities, providing general care to adult and geriatric patient populations. You will work with multiple different medical services that may include but not limited to: family practice, internal medicine, cardiology, nephrology, gastroenterology, wound care, infectious disease and oncology. We offer opportunities for education, quality improvement, and first-hand collaboration with medical teams. 4/5 South is a fast-paced, challenging and team-oriented working environment. We use a multidisciplinary approach to patient care that is patient centered and encourages teamwork between nursing staff, physicians, therapy teams, social work, care coordination, and pharmacists.
Percent of Time: 60% (24 hours)
Location: General Hospital
SEIU Pay Plan: https://hr.uiowa.edu/pay/pay-plans/seiu-pay-plan
- Regular salaried position located in Iowa City, Iowa
- Fringe benefit package including paid vacation; sick leave; health, dental, life and disability insurance options; and generous employer contributions into retirement plans
- For more information about Why Iowa, click here
- An Associate's Degree in Nursing, a Diploma in Nursing, a Baccalaureate Degree in Nursing, Professional Masters of Nursing and Healthcare Practice (MNHP), MSN/Clinical Nurse Leader or a Master's Degree in Nursing (MSN, MA) is required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required
- Demonstrates excellent interpersonal skills with patients/families, nursing staff, and interdisciplinary team members as demonstrated through written and verbal interactions
- General computer skills are required, including proficiency in managing multiple databases including Microsoft Excel
- Current license to practice nursing in Iowa is required by date of hire
- Baccalaureate Degree in Nursing is highly desired
- If Baccalaureate degree in Nursing is not yet obtained, active enrollment in a BSN program is desirable
This posting is for multiple openings and will be posted for 90 calendar days. At the end of the 90-day posting period, candidates may reapply to be considered for additional openings. Successful candidates will be required to self-disclose any conviction history and will be subject to a criminal background check and credential/education verification. Up to 5 professional references will be requested at a later step in the recruitment process. If you have any questions please reach out to Kyle Fountain at firstname.lastname@example.org
This position is not eligible for University sponsorship for employment authorization.
- Classification Title: Staff Nurse
- Appointment Type: SEIU
- Schedule: Part-time
This job has expired.
- Organization: Healthcare
- Contact Name: Kyle Fountain
- Contact Email: email@example.com