Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is searching for an Welder/Fitter with experience, preferably in a plant.
Work schedule of 4x3 working in a plant in the Mobile Bay, AL area.
Authorization to work lawfully in the US without sponsorship from Wood is required.
To perform Welder / Fitter duties in a manner that protects safety, health and the environment, whilst conforming to quality and time requirements. Ensure good housekeeping habits at all times to maintain a safe worksite for yourself and fellow workers.
- Ensure all JSA's (Job Safety Analysis) are reviewed and understood and all associated paperwork is satisfactorily completed to permit and Wood Quality Assurance requirements.
- Maintain good conduct and work harmoniously with other employees using fundamental interpersonal skills required of the work setting.
- Plan all work, taking into account all changing conditions and to report progress accurately.
- Read and understand all detailed drawings including isometric, lay out and P &ID's or specification to plan and complete task and ascertain the material and equipment required.
- Applying appropriate welding methods to attach part or assemble, structural steel, equipment or pipework, including pipe supports and brackets to specific test standards.
- Modifications/rectifications of pre-fabricated modules.
- Selecting, setting up and operating hand tools and welding equipment.
- Able to be assigned work independently in remote locations with various groups of mechanical trades.
Skills / Qualifications Minimum Qualifications:
- Qualified, certified and knowledgeable in the installation of piping and structural steel in accordance with the codes applicable to the services being performed.
- Qualified for all welding codes and positions being used in these services.
- 2 years minimum experience in the Oil & Gas industry
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
This job has expired.