The Nebraska Department of Health and Human Services is now accepting applications for Teaching opportunities at our YRTC-Hastings location. DHHS Teachers provide critical support and learning opportunities to high-acuity youth - their needs are often significant, complex, and vary from student to student.
Do you feel a call to serve vulnerable Nebraskans? Are you a compassionate, results-driven professional and want to help children and families and your community? If so, apply today!
What we can offer you:
- Stable Employment Opportunity
- Continuous Learning Opportunities, including LinkedIn Learning courses
- Tuition Reimbursement
- 156% match of first 4.8% contribution to Retirement Plan
- 13 Paid Holidays
- Comprehensive Benefits Options
- Consistent Work Schedule; no Conference days required
The State of Nebraska also offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health insurance, and retirement benefits; learn more here! https://statejobs.nebraska.gov/benefits.html
Hiring rate of position: Based on the SCATA contract
Location of position: Hastings, NE
Work schedule: M-F, 8-4
Examples of Work
In this role, the selected candidates will:
- Develop and implement both group and individual lesson plans for daily learning experiences
- Maintains accurate and complete records as required by laws, policies, and regulations.
- Instructs students utilizing a variety of classroom methods, adapting methodology and instructional materials to meet student needs, abilities, and IEPs.
- Assigns and grades class work and homework; prepares, administers, and grades tests.
- Establishes and implements behavioral protocols; observes and evaluates student behavior, performance, social development, and physical health.
- Maintain professional communication with administration and facility administrators and leaders
- Oversee classes for high acuity youth ages 14-18.
- Additional duties may include, but not limited to, escorting students, community projects, and collaborative projects with other faculty / staff members.
Qualifications / Requirements
A current Nebraska Teaching Certificate with at least a 7-12 endorsement. DHHS will consider candidates that are elementary endorsed and willing to pursue a 7-12 endorsement. Transition to Teach candidates are welcome to apply.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited school
- Previous classroom teaching experience in the field preferred
- Knowledge of NE State Standards
- Teaching experience with at risk youth is beneficial, but not a requirement. Classroom Management will be essential for the optimal learning opportunity.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
This job has expired.